Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 9:57:37 AM EDT
I need a recipe for home made vanilla ice cream.  Any recipe will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]Bumped for new title[/i]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Title: Basic Vanilla Icecream
          Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

1 l  fullcream milk
            2 1/2 ts cornflour
                1 ts gelatine
              3/4 c  sugar
                1 c  fresh cream
                1 ts vanilla essence
              1/2 c  cold milk

Instructions

Bring milk to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.

Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, keep aside.

Add sugar to milk, stir. Add cornflour paste, stirring continuously, till
          boil resumes.

Boil for a further 4-5 minutes, take off fire.

Sprinkle gelatine over 3 tablespoon water in a small pan.

Allow to soak for 5 minutes. Warm over gentle heat, till dissolved.

Do not bring it to a boil.

When boiled milk cools a little, add gelatine solution and mix well.

Cool to room temperature, freeze in covered tray, till set but not hard.

Break into pieces, beat with an egg beater till soft.

Add cream and essence, mix well.

The texture should be light and creamy.

Reset in the freezer till frozen.

Making time: 45 minutes excluding cooling, setting times.

Makes: 4 helpings.

Copied from cheftochef.net
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I've made homemade ice cream quite a bit and as long as you don't scrimp on ingredient like using heavy whipping cream you'll almost always end up with a better product than you can buy.

Here is my favorite because no matter how I made it, it just didn't seem like when I was a kid and ate ice cream at my Grandma's.  But this one hit's the spot.

5 qt recipe

OLD FASHIONED VANILLA ICE CREAM

3 cups   sugar
1/2 cup  flour
1/2 tsp  salt
6 1/4 cups  milk  (whole)
5 eggs beaten
5 cups heavy whipping cream
2 table spoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoon  Vanilla extact

Combine sugar, flour and salt in saucepan.  Gradually stir in milk.  Cook over midium heat approx 15 mins or until thickened, stirring constantly.

Gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into the beaten eggs.  Add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.  Cook 1 min, remove form heat.  Refrigerate 2 hours.  Combine whipping cream and vanilla in a large bowl: add chilled mixture stirring with wire whisk to combine.  Then freeze as directed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Bootedaddy,

That recipe requires 5 beaten eggs??  Man, that sounds more like frozen custard (not that it's a bad thing).
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bootedaddy,

That recipe requires 5 beaten eggs??  Man, that sounds more like frozen custard (not that it's a bad thing).
View Quote

The eggs and flour are unlike any other recipe I've tried but it doesn't taste like custard.  It just has a little bit of a different taste.

I make a layered concoction with gram crackers, chocolate and that marshmallow stuff, that I call my ice cream smoores, it would rock your socks off.  UMMM  wish I had made some today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top