Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2005 1:28:54 PM EDT
Pretty simple.  For $10 bucks you get into the lower raffle of 10 guns, for $20 you get into the lower 3 times and the upper gun raffle once.  For those of you out of state you will have to get the firearm FFLed to you and that will actually cost some money out of pocket for shipping and licence transfer.  Tipically 25-40 for the transfer plus shipping. Being that I am actually at work right now I will get the pictures up tonight.  I can take check, money order, and I will get the paypal set up tonight aswell.  

Northern Virginia Friends of NRA
2005 Pre-event Gun Raffles

With more firearms and more chances to win, the Northern Virginia Friends of NRA committee presents its 2005 pre-event gun raffles. Winning tickets will be drawn Thursday, September 15, 2005 during banquet festivities at the Waterford at Fair Oaks, near Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax.
Don’t miss out on a chance at winning the following firearms:

Upper Tier 3 Gun Bonus Raffle

NRA Springfield M1A Scout .308, w/ scope                      

Smith & Wesson 1911 .45,
embellished w/ NRA Crimson Trace

Armalite AR M15A2 .223, w/ case
grips and case  

Gun Super Raffle

Kimber Pro-Carry II .45              

Glock 26 9mm    

Ruger Mark II .22                
NRA Commemorative          

Ruger Vaquero .45 LC          

Ruger GP100 .357 magnum

Ruger Red Label o/u 12 gauge

Henry Big Boy .44 magnum

Henry Golden Boy .22 w/ NRA logo

Weatherby Vanguard synthetic 30-06

Beretta Urika 20 gauge, NRA embellished

$10 for one entry in the 10 Gun Super Raffle
$20 for three entries in the 10 Gun Super Raffle, plus one entry in the Upper Tier 3 Gun Bonus Raffle

DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN
Winners must meet all federal and state firearms requirements to be eligible to receive a firearm.  The consolation prize for ineligible winners is $50.

For raffle ticket purchases, information or full contest rules, please contact
Chris (thats me tmleadr03) at [email protected] with Gun raffle in the subject line.  Or PM me through this site!  Also for those of you wishing to cut right to the chase, paypal is [email protected]  Make sure you include your address so I can mail you your ticket stub(s).  When I get the payment I will e-mail you your ticket number and then mail it to you.  

If you are local and would like to purchase tickets to the banquet let me know as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta see if I'll be back in VA in September or not...
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
How many total tickets will be sold?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How many total tickets will be sold?

Available on here or in total?

The total one I get an answer on monday for you.  The on here I have 5 sets (20 dollar 1 upper and 3 lower) at home right now and depending on how fast those go I will grab 20 more (or as many as I can get my hands on depending on the responce to this) on Monday.  I asked her before leaving work how many she had left and the responce was that there is still plently left but they are going fast!  Lets get them gone!  I already got two myself (and now cant get my fingers uncrossed)
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Duuuuuuude. I need $20.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
what if you dont have a pistol liscense and you win?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
When is the ticket purchasing deadline?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Lets say you live in some state that has laws about new guns to be sold in-state (<cough>CA</cough>)... if you win can you have the gun sent to an FFL in a different state for someone else to hold onto it until you move?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
e-mail sent
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lets say you live in some state that has laws about new guns to be sold in-state (<cough>CA</cough>)... if you win can you have the gun sent to an FFL in a different state for someone else to hold onto it until you move?

If you win and get pick up the firearm or are not eligable to own the fire arm (or cant pick it up or get it delivered to you [cough]CA[/cough] you get the consolation prize of $50.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When is the ticket purchasing deadline?

When they run out.  

The raffle is in September so I think the tickets will run out sooner then that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 3:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Consolation prize.  If you really want to be tortured we can tape a picture of the firearm you won to the check...
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damn, I love being a Southerner.  We don't need a license to purchase!
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Also for those of you wishing to cut right to the chase, paypal is [email protected]  Make sure you include your address so I can mail you your ticket stub(s).  When I get the payment I will e-mail you your ticket number and then mail it to you.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Can we purchase MULTIPLE $20 tickets?  Or is it just $10 or $20 once?  And did you receive my email?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry, I left my work e-mail as a point of contact and havent been to work all weekend.  I will process and reply to all the e-mails sent to my work as soon as I get there today at 0830.  

The ticket purchase goes like this:

1.  One ticket in the lower level for $10 or multiple in the lower up to three at a time for $10 each.

2.  Three tickets in the lower raffle and one in the upper raffle for $20 bucks.

The way it looks is one ticket stub has a four part raffle ticket on it.  Three go to the lower and one to the upper.  All have the same raffle ticket number on them, this is why you will get four(4) tickets and one stub.  Each of the tickets gets your name and number filled out on it separated and turned in.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
IM sent.

Link Posted: 5/2/2005 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
A question was asked about how many tickets available.  2000 total tickets but some can be sold as just a single $10 entry.  I have 30 tickets in my hands right now and can get more untill suplies run out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Here are the complete official rules:

Northern Virginia Friends of NRA
10 Gun Super Raffle
and
Upper Tier 3 Gun Bonus Raffle

Rules:

1. Ticket options are:
- $10 for one chance in the 10 Gun Super Raffle only
- $20 for three chances in the 10 Gun Super Raffle and one chance in the Upper Tier 3 Gun Bonus Raffle
Option must be selected at time of purchase.  Upgrades from the $10 option to the $20 option subsequent to initial purchase will not be permitted.

2. Ticket sales begin March 24th, 2005 and will conclude the earlier of September 15th, 2005 or upon the sale of 2,000 tickets ($10 and $20 options combined).

3. The 10 Gun Super Raffle consists of a total of 10 firearms:

1) Kimber Pro-Carry II .45     6)   Ruger Red Label o/u 12 gauge

2) Ruger Mark II .22, NRA Commemorative     7)   Henry Big Boy .44 magnum

3) Glock 26 9mm     8)   Weatherby Vanguard synthetic 30-06

4) Ruger Vaquero .45 LC     9)   Henry Golden Boy .22 w/ NRA logo

5) Ruger GP 100 .357 magnum   10)   Beretta Urika 20 gauge, NRA embellished

One winner will be drawn for each firearm, for a total of 10 winners.  The firearm to be won will be announced prior to each drawing.

4. The Upper Tier 3 Gun Bonus Raffle consists of a total of 3 firearms:

1) Springfield M1A Scout .308, w/ scope

2) Armalite AR M15A2 .223, w/ case

3) Smith & Wesson 1911 .45, NRA embellished w/ NRA Crimson Trace grips and case

One winner will be drawn for each firearm, for a total of 3 winners.  The firearm to be won will be announced prior to each drawing

5. All 13 drawings will be held at the Northern Virginia Friends of NRA banquet on September 15th, 2005 at the Waterford at Fair Oaks, 12025 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax, VA 22033.  Ticket purchasers do not have to be present to win.  Winning ticket stubs will not be re-entered in subsequent drawings.

6. Winners must meet all federal and state firearms requirements to be eligible to receive a firearm.  The consolation prize for ineligible winners is $50.

7. All firearm prizes will be awarded except in instances where the winner fails to meet all federal and state firearms requirements, as detailed above.

8. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner.  Winners of firearms valued over $600 must supply valid address and social security number for 1099 reporting prior to receipt of firearm.

9. Upon notification, winners have 60 days to claim and pick up their firearm prize from the FFL.  After 60 days unclaimed prizes become the property of Northern Virginia Friends of NRA.

10. Subject to availability, NOVA-FNRA reserves the right to substitute a firearm of equal or greater value if necessary.

11. Winners who wish to have a firearm transferred to a different FFL for pick up must pay all costs associated with the transfer before taking possession of the firearm.

12. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold at each option (detailed above).

13. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:  Christie Majors, N VA Friends of NRA – Raffle Winners, 11250 Waples Mill Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030.

14. Payments accepted by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.  Please make checks payable to: N VA Friends of NRA.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Still have a few tickets left!  And dont forget if you are a local to the VA area that there is a NRA banquet that I can get tickets for as well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top