Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 7:53:57 PM EDT
I was offered what appeared to be a practically new RWS mocel 34 in 177 caliber for $150.  Is this a decent price?  I could see no wear or scratches what so ever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The link below is to an airgun site that I have purchased from in the past.  They list the gun for $ 199.00 new as does Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas has it for $ 259.00 with a 4x32mm RWS scope.  If it is nearly new you are getting a pretty good discount of 25%.

RWS makes good stuff and Straightshooters has sold me one air rifle and one pistol that I have been very happy with.

[url]http://www.straightshooters.com/rws/rd34.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me!  If it is in good condition.  Even if you are suspicious of the internals but the external looks good I would buy it.  I sent mine back to RWS about five years ago and they replaced every internal friction bearing part.  I know because I marked all the old worn parts before I sent it off. I got it back with an invoice of parts replaced and a total cost of $0.00!!! They even paid return shipping.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like they may get to sell it to me. I thought it might be a good price but I didnt know where to check.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it?

Do you like it?'

Be sure and get good pellets to use in it, not cheapo pellets at Wal-Mart. Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Straighshooters.com all have good pellets.

I also have found that you should try several types of pellets and find out which one is accurate and stick with it.  I can change the point of impact on my rifle, or pistol by over 2" at 10 meters using different pellet styles and weights.  And this is in a gun that shoots one hole match sized groups.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top