Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 8:22:50 AM EDT
I live in the Denver metro area and over the last 15 years they outlawed all fire works. Can't even light sparklers in Denver,Arvada Lakewood etc.. I think like any other bans the fire works ban is B.S.  I risk fines by buying the good stuff in Wyoming only an hour away. I have never hurt anyone or started a fire with fire works but I am punished by a bunch of do gooders in state and local government.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I had that problem in Illinois. I had to risk getting ticketed for "illegal possession" by driving to Indiana to get fireworks for the fourth. I ususally went in early June so that I wouldn't get pulled over. Last two weeks of June and July 1-4 Illinois cops have probable cause to stop ANYONE entering illinois.

Down here in Arkansas fireworks are perfectly legal, just not within my city limits, which I kind of understand. For a state to ban something like that I think is just wrong.

But, it really doesn't matter to me anyway since I don't support shooting off fireworks anymore. Not because they are fireworks, that's all cool. But the fact that all that bullshit is made in China. I go out of my way 12 months a year not to buy crap from china. So why should American independence day come along and I support the chinese any more than another day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
In AZ all fireworks are illegal also. There are no tickets or fines if you are caught they will take away what you have left.

We plan on having a great 4th of July this year at our semi-private shooting range. We will get there about 7:00 to set up a table and chairs and shoot until dark. I purchased some surplus canteens that will hold about 3lbs of exploding target mix; we will make three or four of them up and have a blast.

I noticed last weekend on my way to NM that while still within AZ the roadside billboards where about where to buy fireworks in NM. Of course I would never drive out of state and buy $ 380.00 in fireworks because theirs a law against it although a week one. There is an exemption written into the law for cultural and religious purposes. I would think being an American on the 4th of July is enough.

THISISME  
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is an exemption written into the law for cultural and religious purposes. I would think being an American on the 4th of July is enough.

THISISME  
View Quote

Sounds good to me! Cultural purposes should apply to ALL Americans on the Fourth.

In CA, fireworks are regulated by county and/or city laws/ordinances. CA does not allow the good stuff anywhere but "safe and sane" stuff is allowed in limited areas. Okay for the kids.

I would never go out of town and spend $250.00+ on fireworks and import them back into town in order to violate local ordinances to celebrate the founding of my country. That would be illegal.

I miss the good old days, and I ain't even that old.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i was really pissed when i moved to AZ and found out i couldnt buy fireworks i was like cool im in a desert i can get Fireworks now forth comes around hey wtf no firework stands not even the safe and insane err sane brand
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Years ago, I spoke before the city council in opposition to their proposed ban on fireworks. It was just like trying to deal with anti-gunners as they already had their minds made up. There were even these idiots in support of a ban because some people were using ILLEGAL fireworks (M80s, skyrockets, etc.). In the end, the ban was put on the ballot and passed due to the fire dept. and city council PROMISING to provide a fireworks show at the park every 4th. That only lasted 3 years, ending after they claimed there was no money in the budget. Funny how they were able to come up with several million dollars to turn the park into a golf course.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
First they banned guns, now fireworks... WHATS NEXT? BATHTUBS!?!?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Coax,
Just wet down the lawn and go crazy. I do it every year in Arvada, and I have never even had a warning issued. They can't arrest us all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Fireworks are illegal in Illinois, so I use my 37mm launcher.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just in Burien, WA near SeaTac airport.  It's a standard suburb of a metropolis, and there were fireworks stands in parking lots.  I couldn't believe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top