Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2001 8:04:40 PM EDT
Registered voters in the last election. I registered ten voters(not enough). I even acompanied several voters to the polls(not at gunpoint). The response from the new voters was always the same" If I knew how easy this was, I would have voted before". My brother, who had never registered or voted in his fourty-one years voted because, as an avid off-roader he didn't want Gore in there to cater to the nature nazis and close more public land. Point is everyone here should pledge to register at least ten new voters(forms available at your local post office)before the next election and make sure they go to the polls(except liberals)[:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't register any voters...but you have a good point about your brother in law. Don't try to convince them to vote one way on your issues, encourage them to vote on their issues.
I used closing the wilderness to convince amountain biker to vote for the Shrub. I convinced an anti-gunner/pro life person to vote for George because many more babies have been killed by doctors than children by guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't just make sure all my friends and acquaintances were registered and voting, I also signed up all the ones that are even remotely pro-gun for NRA memberships.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't register any voters...but you have a good point about your brother in law. Don't try to convince them to vote one way on your issues, encourage them to vote on their issues.
I used closing the wilderness to convince amountain biker to vote for the Shrub. I convinced an anti-gunner/pro life person to vote for George because many more babies have been killed by doctors than children by guns.
View Quote

I think if everyone gets people who are apathetic about voting encourages others,we can make a major difference. Before the elections, I was channel surfing the T.V. Came to MTV,they were encouraging young people to vote. But it sounded like they were brainwashing viewers to vote for Gore telling stories of doom unless he got in. Guess they were wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top