Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2001 2:51:45 AM EDT
I live in a very liberal state with a very liberal newspaper.  So it may not change things, but [i]I[/i] will feel better.

[b]Dear Sirs:

Approaching this greatest of all American holidays, I reflect how this country was founded on individual personal freedoms based on the GOD given rights outlined in the Bill Of Rights.  I look forward at the present direction we as individuals and as a country are headed.  We breath a mentality of blaming objects for the problems of our people and nation instead of the personal responsibility of the individual.

A shooting, we blame the gun.  A car accident, we blame the cell phone.  A failing student, we blame the schools.  Rarely do we hold the criminal, the inattentive driver, or the parents responsible anymore.  We have become a nation of unaccountability.

Usually after situations as these, fruitless "Feel good" laws are passed to pacify at these expense of our God given not government given rights!  It's "for the children," yet all but the guilty pay.

The great Ben Franklin wrote: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  That is what I will be teaching my children this July 4th, along with another famous quote: "Don't Tread on Me." I just hope it's a lesson still worth learning.

Sincerely,
Your Name
Any Town, USSA[/b]

Feel free to use if you want.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Sarge. That's a good'n.

How is your back holding out, btw?

Del [:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Good letter!  The stabbing of the students in Japan fell off the bias liberal news media after the 2rd day, on the 3rd it was completely gone, if it had been a gun here in the U.S. we would hear about it for at least a week, and it would be Sunday morning talk fodder.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks Sarge. That's a good'n.

How is your back holding out, btw?

Del [:)]
View Quote

Well......................................

Accupunture is helping quite a bit with the muscles in my back.  However the disks are still giving me problems. I stopped taking [b]all[/b] pain meds this week and it has been a very long week!!  In short, back is week and it sucks!

BTW, I also sent this letter to the white house and all my reps.

sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top