Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 4:52:43 PM EDT
I am so f*****g pissed off right now!

CA has been trying for years to screw gun owners, especially evil black rifle owners. I thought for sure that last years new restrictions were the end of it all.

Then yesterday we recieved news that all the past year and a half of bulls**t was null and void! WOOHOO, I was so happy, you couldn't wipe the grin off of my face with sandpaper.

I went to the local gun show today and there was not one AR or AK to be seen. And not one dealer knew what the new ruling really meant. One dealer stated that he had read the new ruling and it meant there was no change at all, that it was just a technicality. That ain't the way I see it! I tried to argue (politely) my interpretation, to no avail.

I know that FFL holders aren't lawyers, and the ruling is sort of confusing, but someone out there has gotta know!

I guess I'll just have to be patient. My only problem with waiting for a clear answer is the longer we have to wait, the longer the A.G. has to write up a new list. Then we are right back where we started.

If any one knows, or gets a clear interpretation of this law, please let us know.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is the laws in PRK are so confusing that many dept chiefs and sheriffs(like Corona in OC) are refusing to enforce this latest ban. Untill it gets thrown out[:D]or upheld[:(!]FFLs are going to CYA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with the DOJ on what they say. I think most FFLs will at least wait until they get the nod from the DOJ.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Prior to this ruling, judges and local DA's had the ability to define a firearm that was NOT on the Roberti Roos act to be an "assault weapon" and a "public nuisance" and "ban" it.

All the judges said: was that was just too chaotic...only the CA Attorney General should have the power to make law....

:-)

What it all means is this:

IF someone comes out with a "AR15" type receiver and names it "Foobar15" a name which is NOT on the Roberti Roos Act..they can sell it (no pistol grip though) until the Attorney General decides to add it to the list of banned weapons listed under the Roberti Roos Act.

Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
After devirginizing my new sig 229 .40 tonight at the local range (central/northern Kommiefornia) I brought up the subject of the recent ruling with the employees there.

They hadn't heard about the ruling, and after patiently listening to my muddled explanation of it, their comments were such:

Even if it's true that AR 15 lowers, or complete rifles sans pistol grip can now be imported into our fascist state as long as they aren't a make and model specifically on the banned list, their store wouldn't because of the problem because, in their words "it's basically giving you an AR 15," meaning that although it technically wouldn't be a legal rifle, the assumption would be that anyone purchasing an AR15 in such a configuration would likely be planning on attaching a pistol grip or such, and being associated with such a transaction would not be something they'd be interested in.

They also mentioned that if confronted by a LEO, the gun in whatever configuration would probably be confiscated.  This assertion was anecdotal in nature.

Overall, I too am getting frustrated with this nonsense.  The anti-gun movement has so successfully marginalized gun owners, and owners of military style rifles in particular, that even many fellow gun owners don't see the problem with such regulations.  That's not even mentioning the non gun owning morons of this country who can't make the absurdly small intellectual connection that the very premise of gun control is flawed.  

Ugh.

IF there is a silver lining to this turd cloud, it's that even my youthfully apathetic mindset is starting to be  wiped away by outrage after outrage.  It's too late to prevent so much of this evil nonsense from becoming law, and they've got the momentum, but maybe if people my age begin to wake up and get involved we can swing things around a bit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
These laws aren't stupid they are designed to save lives and help put criminals in jail.  Why do you need a gun like that anyway?  You'll probably just end up shooting up a daycare and killing a bunch of children, that's all those rifles were designed to do. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
One member of this forum suggested that gun owners should turn in other gun owners who break ANY laws. So I suggest that anyone selling ar15 or AK type receivers should be reported to the atf and local police.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I concur. All those who profit from the sale of these weapons of mass destruction should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Perhaps I shall introduce this in our next meeting of the United Nations General Assembly.

And with the World Courts' new ruling that said World Court has precedence over the American legal system, the trial and punishment will be set according to international law.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]
the thing is most CALifornia FFLs are scared sh*tless and dont want to get busted becouse someone misenterpted the ruling and lose there licsence. i agrere that as long as its not on the roberto russ list and no pistol grip ui can sell it
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I talked to one dealer this morning. His response was basically "I don't know yet". I assume he wants to have a long talk with the CA DOJ first.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the thing is most CALifornia FFLs are scared sh*tless and dont want to get busted becouse someone misenterpted the ruling and lose there licsence. i agrere that as long as its not on the roberto russ list and no pistol grip ui can sell it
View Quote

Did you attend public school in Kommiefornia...[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#11]
The SC decision came down on Friday.  Today is Sunday.

It's going to take a few days for FFLs to check with the DoJ, lawyers, suppliers, etc.  Brand X lower receivers and Brand Y rifles without pistol grips aren't going to magically show up overnight.

Have a cup of coffee, read the funnies, and go for a walk or a bike ride before it gets too hot.  Or go to the range and pop off a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:40:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you attend public school in Kommiefornia...[}:D]
View Quote

yes acutlay heh no kidding my spelling ski=lls really suck
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#13]
For some "lively" reading material, see the entire text of the SCOCR decision w/dissenting opinion at:

[url]http://www.calnra.org/calwpnruling.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top