Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 12:12:04 AM EDT
my 11.5 inch wont eject the spent casing after I shoot ,some one told me too open up the gas hole.I don't think its the ejector spring same bolt works fine in my 20 inch. if so which hole should I open the sight,tube, or the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd still try the extractor spring first.  The fact that your current unit works in the 20" barrel is no indicator.  I've had the same problem as you do. Two extractor/spring assys.Both work fine in the 20" but the 11.5 " keeps giving me failures to function.  I've got heavy duty extractor springs on the way, and hope that they'll fix it.  Hell, they're cheap enough, and only take 2 minutes to install. If they don't fix the problem will be time enough to pull the front sight base and enlarge the gas hole in the barrel.  Note, the problem is in the EXTRACTOR spring, not the ejector spring; at least according to the other posts I've read on this problem.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe

Won't eject or won't extract? These are two different functions.

Edited cause I can't spell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If they don't fix the problem will be time enough to pull the front sight base and enlarge the gas hole in the barrel.
View Quote

I am definitely not an expert on this subject by no means, but can you just enlarge the gas hole under the front sight by yourself without specialized equipment?  It is my understanding that BBL lenghts under 14 inches have experienced functional problems, but I would try the easist solution first.  Have you tried different ammo etc.  How many rounds have you had thru your current bolt?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Be really careful enlarging the gas hole. This is measured in micro measurements and not a sweeping move.

First, try polishing your chamber if it's unchromed. Polish the shit out of it, and buy one of the stronger extractor springs from Wolff. I did these things and now mine runs like a charm.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks

I'll buy the spring first.the problem is it pulls the spent casing out about half way and tries to push a new round in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd try the springs first. Then polish the chamber second. Then polish the chamber more third.

In my opinion, short barrels get too much high pressure gas already. Your gun isn't short-stroking; opening up the gas port will make it worse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
what chamber to polish????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top