Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 8:09:28 AM EDT
We, as gun owners, need to work together to either change PayPal's policies or put it out of business. It discriminates against gun businesses, or "shops" as it calls them, in its prohibited activities section.

I quote:
"Shopkeepers who sell firearms or explosives will be disqualified from listing in PayPal Shops. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this policy. Exceptions to this rule include collectible, curio & relic, and antique firearms, as well as archery supplies.

Firearms-related items that are not permitted include silencers, converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic capability), short barrels, and kits (any kit that can be used to create a firearm). High capacity magazines and ammunition with propellant cannot be listed. Blank ammunition is not allowed.

There is Federal and state laws requiring that replica, "look alike" and imitation firearms have clear markings permanently affixed to the weapon. This law applies even to novelty items, such as cigarette lighters that are designed to look like firearms. All look-alike items of this nature listed by a PayPal Shopkeeper must comply with the law. "

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/shop/guide-outside#prohibited

Insomuch that discrimination against any one of us (shop owners) is discrimination against all of us we must act. Either we stand together or they cook us like frogs, one degree at a time in the frog boiling pot.

The second paragraph of their prohibited activities is separate and distinct from the first. They prohibit the following:

"Firearms-related items that are not permitted include silencers, converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic capability), short barrels, and kits (any kit that can be used to create a firearm). High capacity magazines and ammunition with propellant cannot be listed. Blank ammunition is not allowed."
A friend on the Glocklist has pointed out that some fanatic employee or even the CEO at PayPal
may be collecting personal info on even the free paypal transactions involving firearms (sounds reminiscent of what the FBI is doing with registration info).  If a company espouses an anti-gun sentiment of any kind, it's a better an even bet they have implemented plans beyond what you see.  One member argued that as a consumer I use PayPal for free so a boycott is pointless.  However if vendors perceive a drop in customers paying through PayPal for a defineable reason, they are less likely to want to pay the fees on their end.  Therefore, a boycott from the 'free' end could work just fine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid for my Imbel kit from the FALFiles w/paypal,had no problems at all.[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You may not have had a problem paying for something. But PayPal's rules prohibit business from setting up "shops" that sell the items I mentioned. I even gave the URL to their own prohibited items page. You don't have to take my word for it. The fact you had no trouble YET is my point. It's just like Rosie O'doughnuts. You personally may not have had a problem with her, but many on this group have. Some still have litigation pending. Your continued patronage of their business sends them a clear message. you don't care.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
paypal is just covering there ass under state laws just like with ebay there both based in PrKalifornia hypothetical time here "someone buyes a high cap man from a paypal shop that person lives in CA or some place that doesnt like high caps" he gets busted for it Police ask him where he got it from" he says online officer from paypal shops" police go after paypal"  
the day the start contributing funs to anti gun groups is the day i stop using it. oh by the way are u going to boycott taco bell for editing out the HK's from there tomb raider commercial?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top