Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 5:34:50 AM EDT
Well here are the first two in what will be a pretty good collection.  Above is an Oly 16" Flattop fixed stock.  Below is my 4 day old SAR-1.  The wood isn't too bad, but I still want to refinish it.  The rest of the collection is just random 22's and shotguns.  These two are my favorites!  I have the full size pic for my wallpaper.

[img]http://phantom68c.gunsnet.net/www/SAR1%20-%20AR15small.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you pick up the SAR-1?  I have been pondering getting one myself.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Your on yer way! Nice picture and nice weapons.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:51:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The SAR is from Wholesale Guns and Ammo:
[url]http://www.burnsbro.com[/url]
Its a 2000 model and I really couldn't be happier.  Nice wood and a straight gas tube.  Rear sight is just a little angled but I should be able to correct that.  It took about a week to deliver.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will check out their website. Was looking at some SAR-1's that Aim Surplus had for 289.95. So this will give me a few places to shop around.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking weapons.
I also have an SAR-1 and like it alot.
Have you tried one of the SAR-2 rifles, the AK-74, 5.45X39 yet? If not you definitely have to check them out. I like mine alot.
Actually, I want to pick up another SAR-1 & SAR-2 to have as spares.

What part of PA are you from?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Son, now that you're old enough, your mother and I feel it's time to let you in on a few things. When a boy becomes a man, he gets these urges. Like trying to look down girls' shirts at the mall. The road you're headin down is a rocky one, full of mean old liberals that want you to have sex with people of the same sex and be dependant on the state for your welfare. Fock'em! Now that we see ya ain't a damn liberal, it's time to step up and be a man. It's time to get some BIG guns, like .308 and .50BMG. Come on, son, do us proud.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice guns...that is exactly the two that started me down this road.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Phantom68c -

Nice sling on the AK.
Did you order it? Did it come with the rifle?
S.C.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the comments!

Princeton, I would like to try another SAR caliber... but the wallet isn't letting me right now.  I have heard the 2's are very impressive.  Also, I live in western PA.  

gunmonkey, Believe me, .308 is next on the list and a .50BMG is not far away.  I'll do my best to make you proud!

Salt Creek, The sling, cleaning kit, 5 and 30 rounder all came with the SAR.  I am not sure if I put the sling on correctly.  I just did what I thought seemed correct.  If anyone sees that it is wrong let me know.

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice rifle, stock finish looks just like my 2000. If you want a .308 I would go FAL.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a SAR2. Great rifle, not too pricy, mags are dirt cheap, rounds are kinda hard to find but they're also cheap when you find one. Shoots good, except for the trigger slap. Its no AR but costs a fraction of what an AR will run you. Great plinking rifle, a must have. It'll run about 3 hundred and change, high cap mags for under $10 if you look hard enough.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice guns.

It's like looking at two big bottles of Tahoe.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Did that AK come like it is pictured with the black stocks or did you paint it yourself? Looks nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top