Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 2:18:49 AM EDT
went to see if my post had been replyed to but the whole fourm is gone ?? any one got his # ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I quess I got mine just in time. I had bought a second one that I was going to have him modify, but I have changed my mind for now.  Kurt does not seem to be responding to people on his website . I hope he is OK!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i dont know but he is about a 60 min drive from me if i dont hear from him soon i will take a drive out  there would perfer to talk to him on the phone last time he posted he said it was in pecies any one got a phone that works ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
TAG for more info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:21:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Considering he has one of my pistols and a barrel, I'm rather interested myself....

Woody
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well nevermind.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=333097

Here it is.

Do I type in invisible ink or something?

Well, you did say that you didn't know for a fact.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well nevermind.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=333097

Here it is.

Do I type in invisible ink or something?

Huh?  Did you say something?  

Woody
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
He has another forum on his website www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/11341.htm

Last time I remember (and this was around Summer of last year), he was near death from some virus or flu, then his mother was having health problems and he had to find a care facility for her, work was backing up, etc.

Kurt does great work, but it can take months before he gets around to working on whatever you send him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He has another forum on his website www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/11341.htm

Last time I remember (and this was around Summer of last year), he was near death from some virus or flu, then his mother was having health problems and he had to find a care facility for her, work was backing up, etc.

Kurt does great work, but it can take months before he gets around to working on whatever you send him.

Not to say this is what's happening here, but when a biz who has had a good track record on here goes bad, usually there is some story about illnesss/family problems and then no or slow communications to people who have sent in or ordered product.  

First there was the guy refinishing AR mags, then the police supply co. then the co. that sold rock river uppers, then that ammo company and not to mention that precision rifle/barrel guy for competition stuff.  Similar stories yet good past history. Not to say bad things don't happen to good companies.

I was once burned 25 years ago by the folks that sold Dirty Harry holsters. Lawman Leather I think. Lost of excuses, promises of slightly longer shipping. When it was all over, it was too late to reverse the credit card charges.  Caveat Emptor.

This the time to suck it up and decide to buy or not buy based on past results, or the wallpaper on the handwriting. We've had many vendors on here suffer the same fate.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I contacted him a few weeks ago about some barrel threading, and he was very upfront...he said "I'm stacked up waist deep" and didn't know how long it might take.

Also, he was at Bike Week last week, so I'm guessing he was not reachable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#13]
He's still kick'n,  just not here.

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was once burned 25 years ago by the folks that sold Dirty Harry holsters. Lawman Leather I think. Lost of excuses, promises of slightly longer shipping. When it was all over, it was too late to reverse the credit card charges.  Caveat Emptor

That company was the Cattle Baron Leather Co. I got their brochure, and they seem to make beautful holsters. But then all of a sudden they were gone. Appearently the company's history was pretty tumultuous, they were in and out bankruptcy and changed owners a number of times. A clone of that Dirty Harry holster is being made by one of the holster companies that is still in business today, but I forget their name at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent him an upper in Febuary with full payment. I hope everything is ok with him. After I sent the upper to him I seen that hes not responding to people. Hope everything works out I've always read great things about his work.  Thanks for info guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent him an upper back in January, and still haven't heard anything.  

He does great work, so I'm really looking forward to the finished product.
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#17]
He started responding to posts on his own board sunday 3/20
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top