Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2001 9:27:18 AM EDT
I'm hurtin BAD right now. Anyone have their own special cures?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
menudo...

mexican soup made from homminie and trype(beef stomach) its good with oinion and lemon plus a piece of bread....natural chemicals in the trype help with hangovers..thats why us mexicans make on friday nights so saturday brunch [:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.......Don't get drunk. [;D]

Always drink about a gallon of water before going to bed or passing out after drinking. The hangover is from your brain being dehydrated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
McDonnalds! Esp fries! There is something in there that helps....
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm, beef stomach with onion or lots of water.........
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Drink lots of water.
Booze is an ADH inhibitor.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
McDonnalds! Esp fries! There is something in there that helps....
View Quote

No anti-gun food for me, thanks! [;)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
ITS EASY....."HAIR OF THE DOG" SIMPLY DRINK ANOTHER BEER OR TWO AND ITS GONE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Next time, take some Milk Thistle before going to bed.  It's an herb that you can get at the drug store.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Two words:  CHINESE BUFFET!!  The best cure!

Obviously water is a good thing, but sometimes water is hard to swallow.  Milk works but can give you the same problems.
If you need a really quick fix, ONE ephedrine (disclaimer:do not abuse), two asprin (avoid aceteminophen or ibuprofen), and a multivitamin.  Make sure the vitamin has the B vitamins.  One of them (B12?) is used by the liver to get rid of toxins.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ITS EASY....."HAIR OF THE DOG" SIMPLY DRINK ANOTHER BEER OR TWO AND ITS GONE.
View Quote

[puke]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
In Germany, my roomate was a medic. If it was a very bad hangover day, he would give us an IV. That will clear it right up. On some so so hangover days we would go sit in the front of the C12 and breath O2 for a bit from the aircraft Oxygen system. that will clear it up also.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget the vitamin B.

Of course it works best prior to the start of a hangover, but it still helps.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Pure 02
Citric Acid (Lemon Juice with water and salt)
Carmel Malt (I don't know if this really is a cure but sure gets rid of tongue leather and makes you drink more water.  Tastes good too!)

The best as stated is preventitive maintnence, a couple asprin and as much water as you can drink before heading to bed.

BTW what were you drinking?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Don’t know how much truth there is to this, but, I’ve heard that a hang-over is the result of dehydration, loss of eloctrolytes, and withdrawal symptoms.

“The hair of the dog that bit you” mentioned above and a bottle of Gatorade always seemed to work okay for me.

....or you can just stay drunk for life.

Good luck,
Coal-Cracker
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#17]
A couple tablespoons of syrup of ipecac will cure it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Ahhhh, finally a topic on which I can speak with authority.

Australians already know the cure, it's called "Barocca".  Pitty they don't sell it in the USA.  

A Hangover is a multi part animal, tackle each part individually.

Dehydration:  They say drink water.  Well yes, but you also need salts and glucose to make that water into usefull fluids (IV anyone?).  

Gaterade is okay, but I don't like it much.  What's better is those fizzy rehydration powders available at your local pharmacy. Should be clalled glouca-something.  They have salts, gloucose, and fizz (which calms your stomach by neutralizing the extra acid in there).

Toxicity:  Dear God man don't drink cheap booz! Drink filtered vodka (skyy or better) and charcole filtered burbon.  Your body needs vitamins to catalyse processes of filtering in your liver.  Take multivitamins and take a double dose of the B complex.

Your headache: Take some asprin, NOT acedomenafen (sp) or ibuprofen.  Both will damage your liver.  Also DO NOT take asprin before bed, this is a myth and a stupid idea.  Asprin kills one of the enzymes in your stomach that help break down alcohol.  Take asprin after you wake up.  Alka-seltzer is great because it has asprin, antacid, and salts.

In short take an alka-seltzer (or fizzing gloucose drink) and a b vitamin.  As soon as you start to feel better eat a lite meal.  This will help your stomach.  Alcohol strips the lining real good.   Mc'ds is really good hangover food because it has lots of simple carbohydrates (sugar) yet is filling.  

Good luck
Godspeed

In the future, to avoid hangovers, eat before you booz.  And make sure you're hydrated before you start!   A gallon after drink won't help as much as a glass before!  Oh and only drink quality booz.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
How about plain old coffee?  If you can stand it, add some sugar and milk.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah.......Don't get drunk. [;D]
View Quote

Better yet, don't drink at all.  [beer] oops, I mean [:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Drink Pedia-lite or some other form of infant Re-Hydrator. It works wonders especially if taken at the end of Da' Bing'. Last drink of the night.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I think Mississippi had the cure in the movie El Dorado.  Something like kyan pepper, asafedia, some other things and [b]gunpowder[/b]

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#23]
M4  and others hit it, water, lots of water before during and after drinking will speed you an your way to more drinking.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I owned a bar in Florida for awhile and for the first 3 months we had a partner that had been an EMT, he introduced us to pure O2, that is the best cure I have seen for a hangover. IV huh, dont think so...this boy dont do needles!
View Quote

YES YES YES This works.
But breath O2 from a tank and drink Pedialite (its almost the same stuff as an IV soultion) You will be better than new in less than 30 min.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Easy, I do a combo of the "hair of the dog" and the "vitamin-rehydration"

-50% V8 juice
-50% Beer

Works every time!!!

Nuckles out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#26]
McDonnalds is anti gun?? Holy crap I am running out of places to go!

I knew I couldn't trust that F#$% clown!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#27]
THC - total hangover cure.
But i think u might need a doctors prescription!!!  :)
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Simple.

After you're done drinking, consume one (1) eight ounce glass of water for every standard drink (12oz beer, 8oz wine, 2oz liquor) you had.

This will help rehydrate you and prevent the headache.

Works for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#29]
52 grains 4064,
6 oz. Wildturkey,
teaspoon fresh ground horse radish,
and a habanero to garnish.

I promise you will forget all about your hangover.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#30]
When I was a young man in my 20's, you know, the party days, I rarely had hangovers. My secret was to force myself to drink a quart of water before bed and then when I woke up early in the morning to take a leak, I drank another quart. It's difficult to force yourself to drink that much water, but after a while it doesn't bother you. In the morning I'd chug Gatoraid or orange juice, pop a multivitamin and two aspirin, and I was good to go.

I heard football players use O2, which is susposed to be the best solution.

I'm turning 40 in the next few months, and my solution for the past 10 years is simply not to drink more than 3 drinks in a night. Now I drink maybe one a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top