Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 7:55:05 AM EDT
OK I'm in Al.  I've got 5 days of vacation left.  I want to take a big vacation.  I was thinking Ireland or the Grand Canyon.  I'll be going by myself.  (Girlfriend in College so she doesn't have the time).  I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.  Suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought, but was looking at what REI has to offer. Some look sorta interesting.

[url]www.rei.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Hedonism III

oops, wrong thread.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Sign up for one of those free subgun courses at Frontsight.  Then you can do that,  go to the Grand Canyon and maybe do Vegas too.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone else noticed that Mexico is getting much more expensive. I spent a week there in December, almost as much as the States.

Europe can be very fun, and flights are cheap. You could go to Amsterdam, the adult's playground.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got to agree with 7. The free subgun class at Front Sight is a hoot, yet it's simultaneously instructive/informative and well presented. And of course Vegas has lots of other things to do besides gamble. If you want to visit the Grand Canyon, that's a short drive away. You could also rent watercraft and play around in the river at Laughlin or go on a dirt bike tour or ride horses or take a high-performance riding or driving school at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The possibilities are almost endless! (And I don't even like the place; just have to go there a couple times a year--on business, no less. I'm learning to tolerate it, though, and having friends there to show me around helps.) Have fun wherever it is you decide to go. [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#7]
i say frontsight
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The Grand Canyon is great, and you can reach it fairly cheap by flying into Las Vegas and renting a car.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want to see the Grand Canyon, rent a Harley from Eagle Rider in Phoenix.  In 5 days you can do a big loop from Phoenix up through Wickenberg, Prescott, Cottonwood, Jerome, Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, and back to Flag, then through Winslow to do the "corner stand" and a last stop in Peyson before returning to Phoenix.  My wife and I did this loop in 4 days back in May, but we could have spent some more time in several of the places we stopped.  You will not be disappointed in what you see on this route.  

If you can make it six days or you can get started earlier than I did the 1st day, you might be able to squeeze in Tombstone and Tuscon or take in the North Rim or even hit Monument Valley.

The bike is $135 day including insurance.  Hotels were average for touristy areas about $75 a night most places.  Not sure what the laws are but there was plenty of wide open space with no one to tell you otherwise so I think Camping could be a way to minimize your costs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#10]
National Matches, Camp Perry Ohio.

No where on Gods green Earth can you see so many good freindly people all walking around with AR15s, M1As, and M1s on their backs.

Comercial Row has every manufacturer's rep there.....

...and not one liquor store gets held up all week long, go figure.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top