Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 12:31:52 PM EDT
I can't decide what to get for my flattop M4gery.

I'm looking for a sight to be able to effectively engage targets out to 200 yds +, but also CQB.

Do either have QD mounts??

Gimme your thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you taken a look at the ATN site.  I just put one on my CAR and love it.  And NO I don't work for them!!!  Hav a lok www.atncorp.com
Take care!

ar50guy

Quoted:
I can't decide what to get for my flattop M4gery.

I'm looking for a sight to be able to effectively engage targets out to 200 yds +, but also CQB.

Do either have QD mounts??

Gimme your thoughts.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
garandman - Aimpoint XD-M w/ GG&G Cantilever mount - it is QD and puts the dot on the top of the iron sights.
View Quote

I second that! I'm doing that to my soon to be completed M4gery. I think an ACOG is better on a long (20") type gun. Just personal preference I guess...
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Garandman,
I just bought a Trijicon Reflex II with 6.5 moa dot on a carryhandle mount for my M4. I'm loving it! Have not tried Aimpoint yet but know I'll ultimately break down and get one of these at some point. Must say that it's great. Cost was $239 for the sight and another $99 for the carry handle mount. Most pleased.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an Aimpoint on mine and have made very accurate low-light shots at about 200 yards.
I use the Aimpoint QD mount.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used ACOGs several times, and I have an Aimpoint QD mounted on my flattop M4gery with a 14.5" Colt barrel, backed up with a DPMS rear sight.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd pass on both and buy the C-MORE "Tactical" with the built-in rear sight:

[url]http://www.cmore.com/rds-tac.htm[/url]

IMHO, both the ACOG and Aimpoint are awkward for CQB.  The C-MORE is totally slick!  Maybe I'll sell the Aimpoint to raise the money for the C-MORE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
C-More, IIRC, is nowhere near as durable as the Aimpoint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top