Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 12:31:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The more laws they create the less I care.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The people on the "gun control" bandwagon have a problem, they are not even sure that they understand thier own meaning of the phrase "gun control" possibly the most misused words in our american society!.......[rocket]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Hank is right on.  the minute we take a breath, we will find ourselved disarmed by the true terrorist in the US.  The gun control Nazis. must be stopped first and foremost.  Second, as hard as it is to talk to a brick wall, we must attempt to make these blind sheep see just how dangerous their misguided beliefs are.

Take care all and shoot straight!

ar50guy
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
they are gonna have to get my prints 'cause I gonna go ballistic!

Sooner or later thay are forcing us to become an outlaws.  Once they do that what stops us from just breaking them all.

"we think we should have freedom.  No,freedom is granted.  I don't want freedom.... I want Liberty"

edit 'casue of slippy fingers
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The people who favor more gun control laws and say we do not need "assault weapons" since the fact that we vote makes tyranny impossible in America are the same ones saying Bush stole the election and seized the reins of power.
View Quote

I had an e-mail debate with a gun owner who supported "gun control".  We disagreed pretty vehemently over [i]why[/i] the right to keep and bear arms is so important.  The election finally changed his mind.  When he saw what Gore & Co. attempted he [b]finally[/b] understood just how easily our "democratic" government can be undermined, and why an armed populace is needed to keep those who would undermine it in check.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Your right, they are just blind sheep. Antis cant think for themselves. They do whatever their shepard tells them. Sheep follow shepard. See a solution to the problem here. Now I'm not saying kill all gun rights activists, just undermine their leadership or theyll never question the credibilty of their standpoint. Myself, I'm not exactly sure how to acomplish this, but someone out there has got to have an idea. Since they are not smart enough to see on our level, we may havae to step down and play their game of dirty politics. Sounds bad, but it may come down to this.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
radioman, I am beginning to feel the same way.  I used to give a $hit about being a good citizen, but WTF does having a flash hider or pistol grip have to do with being a good person?  NOTHING
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Mike and Melinda both post on subguns.com, BCR226 and BCR229.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#12]
All i have to say is....... This is such a failure for the sheeple. They start flooding the white housewith letters, all the white house has to do is burn em' and go to the address on the letters and tell them to guit, they dont= jail time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Definition of Gun Control:
Being able to hit your intended target.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The more laws they create the less I care.

radioman
View Quote

I'm right there with you buddy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#16]
No real comfort in this, but in the future when the sheep are being marched off to the "showers", you know a lot of them are going to realize "Hey, those 'gun-nuts' were right about the true purpose of the Second Amendment. Too bad we didn't listen..." as history repeats itself.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry AK2KX, you're wrong!

When the sheep are led off to the showers their only thought will be "Why doesn't someone do something to save us?".  These are the same ones that ask Government to do everything for them, and just don't understand that when Government can do "anything" for you it can, and will, do "anything" to you.

Sorry, rant mode off.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]
And then the gun owners, as they are the next group being led to the showers, will say "It is a good thing that we got the lesser of 2 evils because at least we were able to keep our guns a little while longer."
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#19]
If the anti's are so worked up bout banning guns, then I wonder why they dont just go and try to ban cars and cigarettes.  I mean, look how many people those things hurt.  I wonder how many of them smoke....   Infact, people could drown in a bathtub, maybe they should go ahead and try to get rid of those too.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#21]
also see the 'wrote the NRA' thread, they offer as much help as the government.  they need to get in the game or leave the stadium.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#22]
H'mmm i gues it'll be time to e-mail some letters to our reps. i wonder if they actually care or if they care only about getting reelected. is'nt democracy just grand. [pissed]

limit magazine capacity to 5 rounds? i guess those 10 rounders will become "pre-ban" and triple in cost. high-cap 7rd for a standard 1911, who would have thought? [:\]

if i suggested revolting after this, would i then be a "terroist"? what's a freedom loving american to do? conform? i'd guess that would be the civilized thing to do. the law is the law....what is law? existing force of someone elses prejudice and fear? soon i hope to get into law enforcement, but to me law should mean something. it should be based on principle, not fear and hate because of stereotypes and misinformation. just once...just once i would like to see an open and honest debate on national television about gun-control with all the stats, facts, and ideologies laid bear. where is the tolerence for others (including the beliefs) that i hear about so much?

what does it mean to be law-abinding? in order to have respect for law, law should treat all as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. why punish 80 million people for something they might do? this does not make logical sense, but then lawfull evil people dont care about facts nor reason, only control of others.

wish i could live my life without worrying about becoming a serf lib
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]
See this is the shit we should be worried about!  It's not going to be the cops going door to door to take our weapons.  It's the fucking politicians stealing our rights out from under our noses.  anybody that believes in the second amendment should also me registered to vote.  If you don't vote then you might as well turn in your weapons NOW!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Hank,

You hit the nail right on the head....
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Isn't it odd that the people who say that us citizens don't need guns because man has evolved and become so much more civilized than he was when the Constitution was penned are the same people who say that gun crime is out of control and far too many people are massacred every year by firearms?

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]
If you're having a debate with an anti-gunner much information is available from www.jpfo.org.  

And, never, never, ever vote Democrat.  If you're a member of a union, don't listen to the union leaders.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#30]
[img]http://store4.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1639_8164827
[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to have to agree with libertarian. If this passes, revolution. Let me just quote my favorite Founding Father, in my favorite speech:

"...For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings

.... it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#32]
... Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free-- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us!

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! ... The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. ... Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.
True today as when it was spoken. The time is coming.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Hank, thanks for the post.  Definately something to ponder.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top