Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 8:17:19 AM EDT
My father and I get telemarketer phone calls all the time from a local newspaper.  This paper always takes the side of the gun grabbers.  So they will call to offer us a GREAT deal on their paper.  Of course we decline and say "Because you are too anti-gun."  Anyways,  one time my dad said that and the lady on the phone screamed and said "What, you got a gun!?!? What are you going to do with it!"  

My dad and I still get a good laugh when we talk about it. :)

Semper Fi

Smalls
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There are liberals at the GR Press?  I'm shocked.  Absolutely shocked.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I needed the daily newspaper to pick up my dog's shit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
HeHeHe! Awhile back I get a phone call from someone trying to sell me an alarm system. I tell her I have a good alarm system and I'm not interested. May I ask what system do you have now she says. Six Rottweilers and a large amount of semi-automatic firearms says I. Silence, then "OH" then click. Some people have no sense of humor...
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to get quite a few of those annoying calls. I picked up a neat little gadjet one day at Spencer Gifts, it's called "The Final Word."
It's a little plastic box, approx. 1" x 2", battery operated, with a choice of 4 different sayings.
It says, in a rather loud, high pitched computer voice:

F*** you!!
Ya F***ing jerk!!
Your an a$$hole!!
Eat $hit!!

Needless to say the amount of calls has tapered off quite a bit. Though I do kinda miss using it so much. [}:D][}:D][}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My father and I get telemarketer phone calls all the time from a local newspaper.  This paper always takes the side of the gun grabbers.  So they will call to offer us a GREAT deal on their paper.  Of course we decline and say "Because you are too anti-gun."  Anyways,  one time my dad said that and the lady on the phone screamed and said "What, you got a gun!?!? What are you going to do with it!"  

My dad and I still get a good laugh when we talk about it. :)

Semper Fi

Smalls
View Quote

Next time they call, offer them a GREAT deal on spending the day with you at the local shooting range!!![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top