Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2001 9:14:04 AM EDT
It's for a post ban barrell. Just need one that won't sound like an atomic bomb and works effectively.  I was looking at the Mini-Y comp, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Mini-y comp looks nice IMHO, it is very functional, and it is DAMN LOUD! If you really want the recoil reduction it is a good option, but it defiantly sounds like an atomic bomb.  I have not heard it on a 20" barrel but on a M4 and 16" it is brutal.  I would suggest just leaving in naked, or look at the smith break. I don't have any experience with it but their other muzzle devices seem to work well.  Good luck. Hopefully someone will post about the smith, I would like to read how well they work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to the industry board on this page and check out Kurt's Kustom Firearms.  IMHO, he makes the best brake out there.  It keeps the military A2 FS look and is a very functional brake as well.  You can ship him your upper and have it installed, and he won't charge you an arm & a leg.  As far as the smith brake, I think they look nice too, but I've heard that they are very loud as well.  

Here are some pics of KKF brakes.

[url]albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=964387&a=1640588[/url]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If Kurt doesn't go out of business, the KKF A2 brake without a doubt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm bouncing around between Gunsmoke, KKF, or Wilson.  All of their brakes look the same, but with what has been exchanged between both Ed and Kurt in an open forum, I'm really starting to lean towards Wilson.  Anyone have anything that may change my mind?
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top