Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2001 1:53:31 PM EDT
Hi all,  I have just moved to texas and I am having a hard problem finding a range that i can shoot fmj at.  the ones that i have called have silly rules like only soft lead etc, etc.  i kinda think that crap.  I live in the Dallas? Ft Worth area. If you know of any ranges that are close, please let me know.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Texas.

Unless something has changed recently, the Collin County Gun Range on Hwy 380 East of McKinney is FMJ-friendly.  They're also EBR-friendly ([b]E[/b]vil [b]B[/b]lack [b]R[/b]ifle) and rent full-auto.

I know alot of folks who shoot FMJ at the other ranges (ie:  Garland Public Shooting Range), but they'll generally keep a mag full of HP or SP sitting on the bench next to them in case anyone is checking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know alot of folks who shoot FMJ at the other ranges (ie:  Garland Public Shooting Range), but they'll generally keep a mag full of HP or SP sitting on the bench next to them in case anyone is checking.
View Quote

Do the ranges restrict the use of FMJs in your area and why?  Here in Los Angeles, the govt restricts the use of steel jacket/cored ammo because most of our outdoor rifle ranges are in forested areas and they claim it causes forest fires.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Bulldawg knows the ropes.

But if you want it "legal", Tac Pro about 45 minutes west of Fort Worth has it all.  100-200-300-400-500-1000 yard rifle with steel, MG bays, MG rental, pistol bays, shotgun, etc.

I believe the Grand Prairie range allows FMJ.  They have a lot of 3-gun matches there.

There are others but I shoot where I like best.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Collin County Gun Range is about the only one I know. Except they have a small rifle range about 12 stalls. And they have this awning that prevents you from shooting standing up. It is also to prevent shooting over the berm as there are house a few miles on the other side of the berm. I like Garlands public Range. It spacious, rarely crowded. Unfortunately no FMJ either.

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone here a member of the Haltom City Gun Club? My dad used to be member. I want to join and it's only 3 miles from my house.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, I live by White Rock lake. The best two places to, for fact, is Gibsons Outpost, up to 200 yrds. 972-222-8127. Shoot anything you want. no 50 BMG.but for that also is Mickey stretch on the Trinity River. $150 a year, unsupervised. No target area but ther is a gong at 425 yrds. Its mainly a C3 and semi blasting zone. You can shoot your gun and shoot the shit too. If you want to see the River email me at [email protected]. WE can only go on sundays.
GG
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys for all of the info.  Maybe we can all meet at one of these ranges and shoot and shoot the sh$t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top