Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 1:06:30 PM EDT
Just went to a local gun show and met Randy Weaver.  He is a real nice guy.  Every American should be angry when you consider what happened to his family.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
After meeting him a year ago, I bought him lunch. Good guy, also bought his book and recommend it to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if he is a real nice guy or not.
I think he has himself to blame in part for what happened.
Not that I have anything personal against him. It was sure as hell a tragedy what happened to him and his family.
The shitty thing about it is this. He sawed off 2 shotguns. The ATF and FBI sure made a hell of a big deal over him not registering and paying $400.00 worth of taxes.
Was it really that big of a deal that you need a F#@king swat team and a sniper to arrest him.
How much money would it cost to prosecute him on the weapons charges in the first place? It was all a big waste of time and money and resources that turned into a typical Govt. Clusterfuck! Someone innocent was murdered. Yes I Said Murdered. If you are a Sniper you Goddamn well better not shot an unarmed woman with an infant in her arms!!!! The whole damn thing makes me sick.
Live and let live and leave guys like Randy the hell alone and I garantee you they won't bother you.
What a shame.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
He was badgered for over a year by an ATF agent provocateur to cut down those shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
[size=5][red] That figures,He was set up! Like I said What A Shame.[/red]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The way I understand it, he shortened the barrels to a length that was LEGAL, but they had short buttstocks which made the [i]overall length[/i] too short. [b]By 5/8 of an inch![/b]

Hardly worth killing the guy's family over.[:(!]

There's a lot more to it, but real simply he was set up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You are all a bunch of clods.
Randy Weavers family wans't murdered because thier dad was "Randy Weaver, Guy who had 2 short-shotguns"

They were killed because he was

"White sepratist Randy Weaver"

Anyone who speaks the truth about certian races in this country is subject to governmental wrath. And all of you "Anti-Racist" types are responsible.
Period.
So I guess i'm next, and I shoot back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's a lot more to it, but real simply he was set up.
View Quote

-McClod.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet Randy has a framed picture of Tim McVeigh on his wall.

Not that he supports the dead innocents, but the motivation alone probably does him no harm.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
-McUZI

For once we agree about something on here. Hell yes they were after him because of what he believed. What he preached was not P.C. so the Govt. set him up. We as gun owners are next. As soon as the media has converted enough sheeple to the left wing veiws on guns they will be after us because of our veiws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Racism is anathema to me. Nonetheless, Mr Weaver got a raw deal from the US Govt, which is supposed to treat us all fairly, no matter what our beliefs may be.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Randy Weavers family wans't murdered because thier dad was "Randy Weaver, Guy who had 2 short-shotguns"

Anyone who speaks the truth about certian races in this country is subject to governmental wrath. And all of you "Anti-Racist" types are responsible.
Period.
View Quote

Only a [b]FOOL[/b] like you could confuse sepratist with racist. They are not even close to meaning the same thing.

sep·a·rat·ist - adjective
an advocate of independence or autonomy for a part of a political unit (as a nation).

rac·ist - noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Before anyone attempts to discuss this issue they really should read THE FEDERAL SIEGE AT RUBY RIDGE by Randy & Sara Weaver. He is very candid about HIS views, mistakes and the resulting events. He assumes a great deal of blame for what transpired. After having spent a good deal of time listening to bullshit stories, I believe him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Only a [b]FOOL[/b] like you could confuse sepratist with racist. They are not even close to meaning the same thing.
View Quote

LOL!
Look. I know you are on a little campaign to despratley catch me in some sort of a slip up, but you keep making yourself look line an idiot, because i'm smarter then you.

Randy Weaver seperated from society due to racial reasons.
He believed that his race should live amongst themselves, and with no others.
He believed that the white man is responsible "...for 90% of the progress this country has made.."

He was a racist, like me.
He simply took it a step further, and "seperated"...

Better luck next time.

McUZI
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Randy Weaver seperated from society due to racial reasons.
He believed that his race should live amongst themselves, and with no others.
He believed that the white man is responsible "...for 90% of the progress this country has made.."

He was a racist, like me.
He simply took it a step further, and "seperated"...

Better luck next time.

McUZI
View Quote

apparently you never talked to him or read his book!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

OK RipMeyer. Whatever.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone who speaks the truth about certian races in this country is subject to governmental wrath.
View Quote

What is a [b]certian[/b] race?  Are those like Martians?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Period.
View Quote

Y'all probably think Jesus was white, ya dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#18]
All this crap was the result of the man's beliefs. The weapons charge was simply a smoke screen.

The fact his beliefs were non-PC, along with his refusal to acquiesce to the divine authority of the federal government, resulted in him being made the subject of federally sanctioned persecution.

We are not as free as we claim to be.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#19]
where can I get the book? thank you jon
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]TREETOP is correct![/b] It wasn't the length of the barrel that was the problem, but something that a lot of people forget about all the time - the overall length requirement.

A common trick of misdirection. Tell someone to cut off the barrel, and that's all they'll be concerned about, not the length of the stock!

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I don't know about y'all, but Palestinians and Jews both qualify as 'white' as far as I can tell.

I don't know what your definition of 'white' might mean, but I can assure you that the historical Jesus was racially a Caucasian in appearance. Remember, however, that Caucasians can range from lilly white to jet black in skin color!

His appearance was so much like the other Semitic men that were gathered at the Garden of Gethsemane that night, that the traitor Judas had to plant a kiss upon His face in order to identify Him to the Temple Guards.

The Bible, however, is essentially silent as to His outward appearance simply because it was so
irrelevant to His work.  And to ours.

Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw Randy Weaver at a gun show in Topeka, KS a few weeks ago.They were announcing him over the PA but he had no takers at that time.  It so happened that I had gone to this show with a "friend of a friend" who was into guns, but this "friend" did not like Mr. Weaver or his views or something. So, I did not go over to his table and speak or buy his book.

Now, I feel guilty about not saying hello, buying the mans book, which I still will buy as I really want to read it.

Of course, Mr Weaver is not a saint, but, who is? Jesus said "let the first without sin cast the first stone". Someone needs to cast the stone-- at me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Hahh i meet randy weaver down knob creek a last fall. well if he's a so called nigger hater than iam too! my daughter is half black! he shared his food with her, now i know if i was a nigger hater i shure in the hell would not share my food with them he did, maybe it was show, maybe not i don't no. i shook his hand talked a little bit bought his book had a picture taken with him, and i keep it hung up for has a reminder of what he said "Freedom at any cost!" i told him good luck in the future.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

OK RipMeyer. Whatever.
View Quote

Put the pipe down dude.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...Put the pipe down dude.
View Quote

Yeah, _McUZI, you're fu%#ing up the rotation. Puff, Puff, GIVE.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Randy Weaver was set up by the ATF / FBI in part due to his views. They wanted to have something over him to try and force him to be a spy or plant in one of the "pro white" groups. He refused, he was busted, he was going to go to court to take his lumps.
The court order to appear was two days late, so he had federal arrest warrent put out on him.
After all of the bullshit started he would of surendered to the local sheriff, but the ATF / FBI would not allow that.
I talked at length to Randy Weaver at a gunshow and asked him why he didn't surrender. His daughter looked at me with a sad smile, and he told me that if he had to do it over again that he would have surrendered even if it meant him being killed. Had he known that his wife and son were going to be killed he would have done anything to prevent it.
I don't agree with his views on certain things, but hey it's a free country, right? If a guy wants to live on a mountain top in the middle of no where and not be bothered by anyone that's his right. We live in America, right?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know about y'all, but Palestinians and Jews both qualify as 'white' as far as I can tell.

I don't know what your definition of 'white' might mean, but I can assure you that the historical Jesus was racially a Caucasian in appearance. Remember, however, that Caucasians can range from lilly white to jet black in skin color!

His appearance was so much like the other Semitic men that were gathered at the Garden of Gethsemane that night, that the traitor Judas had to plant a kiss upon His face in order to identify Him to the Temple Guards.

The Bible, however, is essentially silent as to His outward appearance simply because it was so
irrelevant to His work.  And to ours.

View Quote

Malcom X wrote that the Nazarenes were black in appearance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top