Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2001 7:26:34 PM EDT
I ask you... why is it the American Medical Association's duty to research gun control issues?

Here is a quote from the article that strikes me as amazing...

To fight the problem, Corlin said, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites) "must have the budget and the authority to gather the detailed data we need."

Corlin, 60, a gastroenterologist from Santa Monica, Calif., said the AMA will lobby Congress to boost CDC funding. He also urged more research into whether gun trigger locks work, ways to reduce accidental shootings and how youngsters obtain weapons.
View Quote

Full story: [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010620/hl/ama_guns_3.html[/url]

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]The latest national figures, from 1998, show 30,708 gun-related deaths and 64,484 gun-related injuries. Guns were the second leading cause of injury-related deaths in the United States, trailing only auto accidents.[/b]

What is this? No explainations? Nothing about how many were criminals shot by cops, or law-abiding citizens saving their own lives? No facts on how many were criminals shot by other criminals?

Yes, they need more money,...to buy a clue!

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They are full of shit...them damn doctors who think they are God injure and kill more people due to their fuck ups then guns do.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife is a doctor (family practice). Here in the PRoMA, the HMO she works for (run by a big-time gun grabber), the state medical association, and the MA dept. of health have _all_ ordered that family doctors ask of new patients: do you keep firearms in the house?

(I don't know whether she gives them a safety lecture afterwards- my wife wouldn't know a magazine from a butt tang....)

I have told my wife, who is British, but whose parents are German, that doctors did the same thing in the 1930s in Germany, leading to easier confiscation of civilian-owned guns, and to the extermination of those same citizens (of all faiths, BTW). She just doesn't get it, ("That could never happen here..") and ..."besides, it's my job."

"Just being a 'good German', hon, following orders?" is my reply...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top