Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2001 12:27:26 AM EDT
Gentlepeople,

Simple fact is; We need the US and the US needs Europe.

Tradewise & defensewise.

Working for THE largest US firm (as a Dutchman) I can say that we all cooperate just fine (in the company) and understand or at least accept cultural differences. Most of the time there are more similarities than differences!

And we don't necessarily have to see eye to eye on everything, that would be boring, right?

[b]'Can't we all just get along?'[/b]

[blue].....Now lets all hold hands and sing 'We are the World'.....![/blue]

Cheers,
RG.nl

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Working for THE largest US firm (as a Dutchman) I can say that we all cooperate just fine (in the company) and understand or at least accept cultural differences. Most of the time there are more similarities than differences!
View Quote

You've obviously never dealt with the French. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I could care less if Euros dont like Bush

I've liked the Dutch, and think they are a model of modern civilization.

I haven't liked all the Italians I've met, but they have a fantastic country and are masters at the art of living.

The Finns I resepect for their resistance against the Soviets and their adriotness with modern informqtion technology.

So I am willing to bury the hatchet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've liked the Dutch, and think they are a model of modern civilization.

I agree. They enjoy, in many instances, far greater civil liberties. Check out Their search/sieze laws. Pretty lax.

I myself, on the whole, enjoy Europeans. They are not so hung up on  sex and drugs. They also seem to know how to enjoy life more. We work way to much in this Country...They take easy. We might have a few more Bucks in are pocket, but what does that all matter in the long run?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top