Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 2:38:23 AM EDT
Hello-

Assuming you own/ or are familiar with the IBM T20/ T21 family of notebooks.

Everytime I reload the OS on an IBM T20/T21 series notebook, there is always one "Unknown Device" conflict present.

I duplicate the eXact configuration as it came from the factory, but there is always that one device conflict that always appears.

Here is a list of the drivers that I have loaded which appear in the "C:\Drivers" folder:

- Audio
- Bayswap
- Display
- Utility
- Modem
- Spdstp( Speedstep )
- Tpoint( Trackpoint )

Here is a snapshot of the "System Properties" screen:

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1402942&a=10482937&p=50601336&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

This particular model in question doesn't have an ethernet.  So I have already ruled that out as the missing "device".

What am I missing here?

If any of you have an IBM T20/ T21 and can offer any assistance, it would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:43:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a suggestion.....

Remove the device and then reboot. This should prompt Windows to detect anything that is amiss.

If this does dont work remove all devices except the disk drives, display and keyboard and reboot.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent over five hours straight the other day with this particular unit.

Another reason why I only use Dell notes for personal use.

I concede defeat to mighty Big Blue.

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm typing this on a T21. I did a Win2k reinstall from the MS cd, and had the same problem. I wound up using the Restore CD from IBM, and have had no problems.

ThinkPads are great. . . this is my fourth one in four years.... upgrades, not broken computers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The previous install was Win98se.

I'm installing Win2000 right now and it will be out of my life tomorrow!

Device conflict or not!

Thanks to all...
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I got it!!!![<]:)][<]:)][<]:)][<]:)]
[beer][beer][beer][beer]
[smoke][smoke][smoke][smoke]

Thanks to all who made this happen.

Device conflict was the "Power Management driver" for Windows Me, 2000.

Perfect!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top