Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2001 3:41:29 PM EDT
The link below the Birdman jpg is a riot.  These folks must be real stupid.  Then they tried to bring race into it, but race is not the issue.  Their stupidity is!  Pie all over their faces!

[img]http://www.birdman.org/images/hnsbig.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.timesdispatch.com/frontpage/MGBEMDSK3OC.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Woo hoo! The ATF is involved. I bet they are planning a dynamic entry. Game over man.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
BWWAAAAAAHHHAAAAAHHHAAAA THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT !!!!!
[x]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
"It puts ideas in people's heads," Dunham said. "We don't need any more creative weapons than there are."

Yeah....don't think or anything.  Please.  Oh, and don't try any of those neat ideas in real life, cuz we'll come and burn your house down by mistake.  Who knew CS gas turned deadly in a flame?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hoo-boy, the guy who was so stupid he didn't get the joke is the head of the Richmond PD detectives division. Memo to self: If you ever decide to murder someone make sure the 2 of you take a trip to Richmond first.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the kind of ignorance we're up against... how can you NOT tell that this is a gag?

People are just stupid.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, that's even funnier than the original web page, and the original web page was hilarious.

"Bill Dunham, agent in charge of the Richmond office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said his agency has been familiar with the Birdman site for some time. He said it's believed to be a satire, in part because it doesn't give prices or any opportunity to buy weapons."

The boy is as sharp as a tack, I tell you. Pretty soon he's going to figure out that _The Onion_ is satire because Bill Gates didn't really get a patent on ones and zeros.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank God these people are stupid or we would have been disarmed YEARS ago !
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Morons. The councilman, the police captain, the agent, especially the agent. Dunham's on a really "special" assignment, here don't you think? Did he make somebody higher up mad enough that they decided to allow him to make an idiot out of himself and his agency with the press? "We think it's fake, but to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure. I think they might be doing this kind of stuff. It's a bit distubing. Don't like, be creative or nothin', we got our hands full now. Can't let anybody get ahead of us."

Hey, if they don't need any more creative weapons, they need to send all of the FN P89's to me. They're WAY too innovative for these simple folk. They might hurt themselves...[rolleyes]

And then there's LouGassi.

Before realizing the HoMeBoY apparently isn't an actual product, Loupassi, chairman of the Public Safety Committee, was outraged.

"I believe that is indefensible, and I'm part of the pro-gun lobby," he told a reporter.
View Quote

Yeah, right. Sure you are.

But he added, "I don't see the humor in it, because I've seen so many people die because of guns."
View Quote

Like people who die of cars and bikes and choking? Hey, maybe this ad will be the one that finally convinces young ghetto punks of any race to use night sights to shoot people! Wouldn't that be a tragedy if this was the ad that helped them figure out what sights, especially, night sights are for.

These people are off the deep end. They are beyond the point of no return. I'm sending them the link to [url]www.dhmo.org[/url]. Let's see how worked up they can get about that.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahhhhhh Yes...

...affirmative action at its finest!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]
well at least the poll on there is going in our favor somelike 48 offended 528 not offended
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]
What a fucking jackass. Nice to see a self-righteous crusader for the children be played the fool.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Wonder what they'll do to the "Jaded 50?"
Now that's a gun!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I still say they could sell the hell out of em to the bruthas.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Official Birdman "coy response."

[url]http://www.birdman.org/richmond.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Bill Dunham, agent in charge of the Richmond office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said his agency has been familiar with the Birdman site for some time. He said it's believed to be a satire, in part because it doesn't give prices or any opportunity to buy weapons.

He said some of the weapons described could not be made legally. He also found the site's high number of "hits" - more than 100,000 in the past year - a bit disturbing.
View Quote

He's disturbed because of 100,000 hits.  Doesn't he realize that none of those hits were seriously looking for those night sites, that everyone knew it was a joke and just wanted a chuckle.  He's disturbed alright!

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I enjoy Birdman's site more and more everytime I go there. Hey Richmond-this is comedy and satire! What idiots
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Some people just have no sense of humor.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Paul F. Jannuzzo, vice president and general counsel for Glock Inc. in Smyrna, Ga., said the company has been aware of the HoMeBoY. He said he sent a letter to Birdman a while back, asking that the company's name no longer be used.

"This is the first we've heard of anyone taking this seriously," he said. "I can't believe a police officer would look at that and not know it wasn't real. They've been watching too many movies."

View Quote

i'd say this guy got his laugh for the day. i know i got mine.  Watching to many movies. LOL
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw a different version "Somewhere" ....

[blue][b]I would strongly suggest you don't post anything with ammomans company name nor refer to it in any way in association with mcuzi's web site on here again. His contribution to this site is highly regarded and he is well respected here. [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#20]
He also found the site's high number of "hits" - more than 100,000 in the past year - a bit disturbing.

Becuase a site gets a lot of traffic this guy gets his panties in a bunch yeeeaaassshhhhh.He's going to have a stroke soon I can see it coming.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Whats the e-maill address for this group of morons in Richmond?!

I'd like to e-mail the counsel and tell them what [size=4]F**K**G IDIOTS[/size=4] they are.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Juggernaut,

[size=5]BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/size=5]

Anyone else go to [url]http://www.dhmo.org[/url] ???

Do ya get it?

Oh Lordy . . . Juggernaut, you are the man . . . you just made my day.

But, lets think positive.  If the anti's are THIS stupid, it ought to be easy to beat them politically, right??
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#23]
i'm left handed, will have to mount them on the other side!!!!!

ATF has to get a clue, maybe they can buy one with their paycheck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
holy moly - what a bunch of idiots!  just a very vivid reminder that this 'community' that we 'belong' to here is a very very small one with views 'foreign' to 'outsiders'.  even though we disagree on some stuff - we are used to seeing and talking our hobbies.

outsiders - even supposed 'pro gunners' wig out (makes you wonder what gun and what pro?).

they said the gun show was close to blacks?  what a joke - geez, man are there not blacks everywhere?  for me personally - when i saw the gag-ad, i thought of hispanic gang-bangers.  god forbid that there were any individuals of hispanic descent within a 10 mile radius of the gun show!

what a joke!

steve
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Wonder what excuses they will think up during their break time. How dumb can you get. And then there is McUzi ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
he said it was disturbing because he saw so many people die by guns...ok so now every saterical auto ad should be repealed because I have seen so many people die by car accidents...DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#27]
[size=4][red][b]A[/b][/red]ssholes
[red][b]T[/b][/red]urned
[red][b]F[/b][/red]irearms Experts[/size=4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#28]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 11:52 AM
To: Jones, William H.
Subject: RE: Hoax angers city officials

RE: Hoax angers city officials
Bogus flier promotes night sights as accessories for Glock handguns

BY WILL JONES
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
---------------------------------

Did you just laugh yourself silly during the gathering of quotes and
comments for this article?  I was laughing the whole time I read your
article.  I can't believe how dumb civic leaders can be, or the
lengths they will go to be absolutely absurd.  Do they know they are
the new laughing stock for us in cyber world?

Best Regards,

Troy

PS- Where can I get me some of those HomeyBoy NS?  Hee-Hee! :-)

Glad you enjoyed the story. It was a fun one to write. For some reason, a few readers are criticizing the newspaper along with the officials.

Will
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#29]
those people are scary.
what a bunch of marooons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top