Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 9:45:18 AM EDT
Go to this link to read a good story about the failure of British gun control.  It pretty much says what we have been saying:  Outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

[url]http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/01/16/stinwenws02004.html?999[/url]

I really loved this part

They say the handgun ban was never intended to combat firearms-related crime,
View Quote

Gee, where have we heard something similar?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah, and i was watching TV last night some cop show and it was showing all this footage of all thease crimes in countries where guns were banned.. people were robbing "stop-n-robs" using any thing that was at hand knives, baseball bats, pitchforks. gardening tools, hammers, rocks, anything. but sheople tend to forget there was violent crime much longer than guns have been around.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
"There is a move from the pistol and the shotgun to automatic weapons," said Detective Superintendent Keith Hudson

I wonder why?
If you are going to break the law you might as well have the best, most effective weapon you can afford.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Imagine that! Ban guns and no only the criminals have guns!! hahah hwat shit! I wouldnt mind getting one of those submachine guns for about 200pounds british, hell $400 US is a deal!!!!

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Now taking bets on which place will
selfdestruct first:

Britain or California
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
selfdestruct first:

Britain or California
View Quote

Kali!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Imagine that! Ban guns and no only the criminals have guns!! hahah hwat shit! I wouldnt mind getting one of those submachine guns for about 200pounds british, hell $400 US is a deal!!!!

[heavy]
View Quote

$400 my ass... the British S. Pound has been going down.  Only about $300 now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lock&Load:
I am constantly having arguments with U.K. citizens in various Yahoo clubs about gun control. They just don't get it...
View Quote

Try getting in on the U2 message board at NME.co.uk (watch the wrap)- you'll see some really bizarre comments from people who know nothing about guns, other than what the media tell them to think.

http://www.nme.com/AST/Discussion_Groups/CDA/Message_Index/0,1113,37_79-0,FF.html

As for me, an American, who was raised in Europe with a British wife and German in-laws, etc., lemme tell ya- to them, and most Europeans, WE are the REAL wackos and "Nazis", even when their erroneus beliefs about guns, self-defense and history fly in the face of facts. What a brainwashed continent.

So now, I just sit around and clean the AR in front of them at tea time, (CLP is, compared to Hoppe's, virtually odorless) and just keep conversing as if nothing were wrong.

I think the shock therapy is working- they have grown used to it, and say, "Ach ja, so sind die Amerikaner." (Oh well, that's how Americans are.) Tea, anyone? :^)

I haven't changed their beliefs about it, but they have become so used to seeing gun paraphernalia and books in the house, that they have come to terms with it, at least.

If ya can't change their minds, at least let them know you won't budge an inch- the support for gun control in this world is a mile wide, but an inch deep. Most people just don't really care- including most gunowners- but that's another story....
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
95th, what do they know, they are just sheep over there in Europe.  Remember how many times they have let themselves be overrun by either the Nazi's or the USSR.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's still ironic how Yank "gun nuts" have been brought over en masse 2X in the past century to pull their chestnuts out of the fire, and I doubt we'll ever go home now. Who knows- when the new German Empire AKA the EU gets so powerful that they don't need the US anymore, maybe we'll pull up stakes and bring our military all home(?)

But I doubt it- we're still in Japan, aren't we? And they loooove us over there, don't they? (sarcasm alert!!) America- defending peoples and lands that resent us by our very presence (Yes- you can tell I went to German schools and university in the 70s and 80s, cantcha? It got so I occasionally told strangers I was Canadian just so I wouldn't have to listen to anti-American rants....)
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Aw, they are just jealous.

If you look at the article, you can see how well their gun laws have worked.  The picture of the British cop with an MP5.  If their laws have worked as they thought they would, why would an LEO need that?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
selfdestruct first:
Britain or California

!!

I though California already self destructed and the result was Disney California!

Zaz
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
You should hang out with the Swiss, they still appreciate fine firearms.

I watched an old documentary about France and how they surrendered to the Nazis.  Man, nobody wanted to fight for their country.  I guess the Simpson's were right about our allies who "fought so poorly and surrendered so readily."  I was amazed at how quickly and easily they were defeated and how they just accepted Nazi rule like it was no big thing at all.  I guess you had to be there.

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
British gun control has failed
View Quote

DUH!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you guys think that this article, "Killings rise as 3m illegal guns flood Britain", would be worth email to our respective state and federal government representatives?  I mean how else are they going to know this since it will not be noted in any of our papers for at least 3 or 4 years.

Yeah man gun control works!

Iso
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Can I place a bet on England?  They are a bunch of bloody wankers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top