Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2001 1:49:41 PM EDT
i was reading the thread about the navy and losing the island for practice....the military does need ranges thats a truth...but.. I live in Lawton, OK and the water has always tasted funny. the water report comes out and says the water is fine...now if thoose people are having health problems what about the lawton/Ft. Sill comunity. Ft Sill is the largest Field artillery base in the world and also the largest FA training base in the world the put thusands of rounds down range each month..I guess since its in the middle of OUR country and not some poor small nation it will never make the news. yet Lawton doesnt have a high medical problem that island seams to be having maybe its something else not the ordanace? whats your .02
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
start drinking bottle water

ever see the movie "erin brockovich" ? i did NOT, but saw a documentary on the real woman and how she took on PG&E, it seems the power company was poisoning the water supply of a small town, and denied any knowledge. then erin got involved and sued and won.. blah blah the movie came etc

PG&E is also the power company that filed for bankruptcy in the middle of kalifs power crisis.
hhhmmmmmm they were poisoning the ground water and killing off a small desert town -- and people want to know why the tree huggers are opposed to building more power plants ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Burns
I am here at Fort Swill also.  The reason that Lawton/Fort Sill doesn't have the problems that are reported in Vieques is that the problems that are Vieques have absolutely nothing to do with the munitions being fired on the island.  All four impact areas on the base get many times more fire than Vieques but since there is not an Oklahoma independence movement, there are no protesters to stop the use of the weapons.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Burns
I am here at Fort Swill also.  The reason that Lawton/Fort Sill doesn't have the problems that are reported in Vieques is that the problems that are Vieques have absolutely nothing to do with the munitions being fired on the island.  All four impact areas on the base get many times more fire than Vieques but since there is not an Oklahoma independence movement, there are no protesters to stop the use of the weapons.
View Quote

thats my point people using a "story" to fool other people it really sickens me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top