Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 9:54:55 AM EDT
I notice that the A2 sight on my AR are angled to the left slightly.  This is due to the spring and ball bearing on that side pushing against the carry handle. I'm sure the angle throws off the windage?  Is this Normal?  Is there a fix?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
That is normal with A2 rear sights, some exihibiting more or less cant than others. I believe there is a company making a "match" version which has ball bearings on both sides that centers the sight on the handle.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
That is normal with A2 rear sights, some exihibiting more or less cant than others. I believe there is a company making a "match" version which has ball bearings on both sides that centers the sight on the handle.
View Quote

You sure know alot for a fry-boy. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
My stights are tilted too !!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Stilted tights?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
This is normal.  While some tilt more than others, a cant of less than 5-degrees is expected.  If it is heavily leaning to one side, get it fixed by the dealer.

Your windage will not be affected.  Your eye, when focusing through the rear sight on the front sight, does not perceive the change from "circle to oval" that the canting [i]ever so slightly[/i] creates with the rear sight aperture.  Again, because the angle/arc is so small (less than 5 degress), it is true that your windage will not be SCIENTIFICALLY precise.  Instead of adjusting for 1 MOA, you're actually adjusting for 1 MOA * cos(5deg), which comes out to be .996 MOA.  If you can tell the difference between .996 and 1, you're probably the best damn shooter in the world.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top