Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 4:29:46 AM EDT
I just ran into a buddy who is in the plating business.  His family owns a large plating company that does black oxide, gold, anodizing, nickel plating, powder coating, everything.

Now this has got me thinking what should I get plated?

I was thinking about either reblueing the slide of my Glock 19 or maybe nickel plating it.  What do you think?

I was also thinking about getting a few USGI mags anodized in black, do you think that is a good idea?

I also have a SAR 2 that could use some new blueing.

What would you get done?  Nickel plate an AR reciever?  Gold plate a barrel?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I would gold plate MrHappy [@:D]

Seriously:

Gold plate a barrel?!?!?! NOT!!!!
Mess with the durable Tennifer finish of a Glock?!?!?!NOT!!!!!

I would start looking into building those 80% recvr and black anodize em. Could be a lucrative hobby.

Definitely re-do the SAR. Have you thought about getting it parkerized?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
My exwifes head! [:)] though, the law would probably frown on that!

Just took an old, Steven's model 77F 16ga. shotgun, that I've had since the early 70's in for a park job.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you may have a money-making side gig on your hands here...

I'd like to redo the nasty finish on my SAR1
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have thought about buying a 10/22 and putting a bbl on it. I thought that it would be pretty sweet to have everything that does not move powder coated. From what I am told there are hundreds of colors to choose from. I would probably go with black, but something outrageous would be cool. Anyway this would be a rifle with an awesome finish that I would not have to worry about. Just something that I have been thinking about.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
A chrome G36 to mount on the hood of my car!!  That would get some attention!!

Nuckles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top