Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 4:15:34 PM EDT
i just wanted to share this piece of information and wasn't sure how many would wade through 5 pages of stirring debate to find it.

first and foremost, guys, i don't have it in for you.  i honestly just wanted to hear some of the reasons for the attitudes.  that's it.  period.  nothing more.  

regarding miss magnum's comment that i blew you off (i forget just how she worded it).  if some of you actually have negative emotions towards women for any of those reasons that i tossed aside, fine.  i just think that they make lousy reasons.  i don't think they're feelings, so i'm not invalidating them.  i mean, c'mon.  you don't like women because their are women against guns.  by the same logic you shouldn't like men either, and yet i don't feel that's the case.  and MY personal username on this board has about as much to do with the attitude towards  women as the price of tea in china.  it DOES explain why i'm a target.  duh.  i'm female.  i hardly think that someone woke up one day and said, "i hate ARlady's username.  i'm going to feel negativity towards women in general because of that."  those are the only kinds of suggestions i shot down.  basically, because they're baseless and full of it.

a more careful reading of my "rebuttal" will reveal that i give credit (grudgingly, [:D] ) to those that offered up realistic reasons.  and while i don't think that a few bad experiences warrants a general dislike of women, i can appreciate that some will do so.

honestly, guys.  this wasn't a he vs. she thing.  and i think you'll agree that i didn't do anything to take it to that level.  because it wasn't what i wanted.

i have no doubt that there were women that contributed to your feelings/attitude whether it was through their actions, words, or general demeanor.  i never said that this was 100% a guy's fault.  i don't think it is.  i wanted to see it from your point of view.  simple as that.

i appreciate those who took the time to answer.  even the answers i didn't like i appreciate, IF they came honestly.

and anytime you guys want to ask questions about a woman's perspective, even the bad stuff, go right ahead.  i think you'll be surprised at the answers.  there won't be very many of them, [:)] but mine will be honest and fair.

thanks,
ARlady
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Eve grabbed the fruit.  [}:(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got nothing against women in this forum or any other forum. Im not just talking about net forums. The only place I honestly don't think women belong are on the battlefield and on my sports team, but that stuff is for another discussion.

Just don't expect me to pay any more attention to your opinions than to anyone elses, because I won't. I believe in equality of the sexes just about as much as anyone I guess, so if women want to play with the boys then they are going to get treated like one of the boys.

I think that last sentence is what causes a bunch of problems. Men act differently when they are only around other men, then when a woman wants to hang around with the guys that usually isnt what they really want at all. They want to just be one of the guys, but then they want to be treated differently, like they are special, at the same time. It just doesn't work like that.

So if you want to join in on the discussions and catch hell and take it like a man just like everyone else, thats fine with me. Or if you would like to just be a woman enjoying the shooting sports like many of us and wish to conduct yourself like a lady and likewise be treated like one that is fine also. Just try not to mix and match, because it usually doesn't work out like that.

That is my take on things. I didn't bother to wade through that other enormous thread so I may be sounding like a complete idiot talking about something on a completely different subject, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Thats all I have to say about thayat...

Michael
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
To be perfectly honest, ARlady, I could care less what you or any other member's gender is.
For all I know you're a 50 year old fat guy, who gets off by talking about guns on the internet and pretending he's a chick...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Eve grabbed the fruit.  [}:(]
View Quote
[b]...and in the other hand clenched tightly were 'nuts'...[moon]Affirmative action put people in jobs they scored less on,sometimes significantly.Womminz + minorities,mainly,I guess this makes you "feel"better[rolleyes] because they would'nt have otherwise qualified.I'd sure rather have a FULLY qualified fire'person/MAN' there to get me outta my car whilst its burning,cause a drunk hit me head-on,than some less than sharp person who got a low test score and had modified training because it was PC correct.Wimminz' want equal rights I give it to them..I never opened a door on my vechicle for one..did'nt want to mislead 'em.I don't do it for guys.I've over heard wimminz'OF ALL AGES..talking in their groups about males,this has reinforced my attitude about 'them'.One was glad her husband DIED because he was getting to be to much trouble..they were married for 44 yrs..I totally agreed with Steyrs rule your world 101 thread...The world has changed drastically look at the FBI,our 2nd's under attack,next the 1st...wimminz's are 'man'ipulators..men/people are indoctrinated to the certain way of thinking some never see reality...its sad[:(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
AR-lady,

How about givin the mouth a rest and pick up a mop. I have to deal with you politically correct "when it's convenient for you" loudmouth, whiners all day at work. When I get on AR.COM I want to talk to MEN about GUNS, KNIVES, MARKSMANSHIP, etc. You wan't to make yourself usefull go knit us an AR.COM sweater.

What makes the grass grow...BLOOD, BLOOD!!!

SEMPER-FI, 03 out!! [sniper]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There are 10,000 members on this site. That means there are 9,999 potential reasons for someone to get their panties in a bunch. If we all let everyone elses opinions and ideas mess with our heads, we'll all be messed up, all the time.

Just use the short version of the Serenity Prayer: Fuck it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, I waded through the more than 5 pages of the original "To all the men."
Even before Miss Magnum posted, I too got the feeling that you were not going to accept an answer, however rational it was.  Doesn't matter if you were or if you were not.  There is no single answer.  Even those who have a problem with women, (overall), really don't know the real answer.  Each one will have a different reason, in their heads, and for real.  You just have to take each member at face value, no more, no less.
Just always remember, you were not put on this Earth to take anyone's ration of shit.  Oh yea, you already seem to have that one down pat.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's find some guys(?) who hang out on predominately female boards.  Particularly females who are self-assured, self-confident, who enjoy a hobby traditionally associated with women, and who take advantage of the opportunity to express themselves anonymously.  I'm willing to bet those poor guys get bounced around like the nuts on a bronc bustin' cowboy the minute one of those female posters gets stood up, screwed, lied to, deceived, or cheated on by a guy.  It's human nature to paint with the broad brush.  Remember it's an anonymous forum and behaviors here aren't readily transfered offline.  That's why the minority online is a target of opportunity.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya'ever notice how they give themselves names like;
"ARlady, MissMagnum, etc., to remind us that they are female.  
Who cares?
Not me.

Get over it, ladies.
Shoot straight and enjoy.

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
Ya'ever notice how they give themselves names like;
"ARlady, MissMagnum, etc., to remind us that they are female.  
Who cares?
Not me.

Get over it, ladies.
Shoot straight and enjoy.

View Quote

Hmmmm.....Not you,does that make you a woman?

Sig-Man out.
{as if you really got to guess}
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Where's a mod. when you need him?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
*in humblest voice*

would someone please tell me why i'm taking the flak for this?

i was just trying to tell ya guys that i think your points have merit.  i understand the "man's world" point of view and how you must feel a female presence is an intrusion.  but i only know this now because i asked.  how else was i supposed to know?

i'm sorry if you thought i was attacking you.  the irony is that i really agree with a lot of you about a woman's "place".  i.e. NOT in combat, and i'm still questioning our presence in the military period,  not in the football games, not in any position where physical requirements are changed solely for the presence of women.  i despise affirmative action, even if it benefits a woman.

i admit the wording for asking the question could have used some help.  and in hindsight, it came off way more aggressive than i meant.  it was supposed to be lighthearted.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
"would someone please tell me why i'm taking the flak for this?"

You have got to know when to stop... you have made your point.  Everyone loves you, now ask a gun question and lets get on with why we are really here.  

(Politely) Please stop... my ears are bleeding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
(Politely) Please stop... my ears are bleeding.
View Quote

Mine too, but I thought it was just alergies....
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
fair enough.

consider the subject closed.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/hero1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]
[size=5]ROTFLMFAO[/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:05:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
fair enough.

consider the subject closed.  

View Quote

Here, let me help ya with that ma'am.

While these discussions are good, this thread has run its course, and is degerating into McFloosie.com fodder.

Locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top