Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2001 9:45:55 AM EDT
Which one would you buy and why?

I can't decide really...

Which is most reliable in field conditions?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Which one would you buy and why?

I can't decide really...

Which is most reliable in field conditions?
View Quote

You're comparing apples to oranges to pineapples!

AR-50 is a great but(what I would call.) heavy "Bench" type of gun. IMHO.

Serbu is a lighter, therefore harder kicking, "Field" type of gun. Hey! I own one I know! It's a great shooter, but I wouldn't want to be putting lots of rounds downrange each day with it!

Grizzly is kind of between the two, but closer to the Serbu than the AR-50. Also a nice gun.

What I'm trying to say is that You need to know "What" You want the gun to do!?! Is it a target gun? Bench shooter? Are You going to want to walk around with it or set it up and shoot it from a bench? Is cost the main factor or is accuracy Your prime goal?

I own both the Serbu BFG-50 and a State Arms Knob Creek 2000. One of each Type of gun, (IE: Serbu is #25 and portable, State Arms is #41 1/2 and a bench baby.) I can shoot the State Arms all day, as it is almost like shooting My AR's, the Serbu is like a Mag shotgun. Figure out what You want to "Do" with the gun, then drop Me a line if You need more info.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Barret M99, low cost and super accurate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Barrett M-99...........i have 3
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you limit yourself to those choices, take a look at the AMAC 5100. Best .50 I've ever fired. Cost about $3300 but come complete with numbered rings and a bi-pod. Only other thing you need is glass. Just about every thing on the weapon is milled and the gov't cost was near $8000 in the 80's. Guarenteed to shoot under 1 moa out to 1000  yards w/match ammo. They weigh 36 pounds and the recoil is similar to a 12 ga slug. There are several of these guns that have over 10,000 rounds fired through them, and are still going strong, but a little is left to desire as far as the group size goes after that many rounds are sent down range.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Of the three listed the serbu
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top