Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 8:20:24 AM EDT
How many of you will refuse to wear the Chinese made berets? If I were one of you, I would go buy my own that is made elsewhere. Maybe if you can encourage your fellow soldiers refuse the issued berets and buy your own American made ones (or ones not made in a communist state), maybe you guys can change things.

Or do you want to go into battle wearing a unifornm made by your enemy??? I'm not trying to flame, just trying to help fight this BS you guys have to deal with.

Semper Fi.
-Your brother in arms, until death...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese beret issue makes me sick. Though I have another question for you. How do you feel about U.S. troops serving on foreign made vessels, and using foreign made arms ? I think the beret issue is just the cherry on top.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The berets we have are not made in China.  I'm looking at the tag right now, and it says the "Bernard Cap Co."
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How do you feel about U.S. troops serving on foreign made vessels, and using foreign made arms ? I think the beret issue is just the cherry on top.
View Quote

If I remember correctly, that very question was the reason why the U.S. adopted the M-14 instead of the FAL.

Almost all of our weapons are made in the US, but some are foreign companies. I can deal with that. What I have a problem with, is purchasing our weapons/uniforms from a country that is considered hostile (yes, hostile) to the US. There is a chance, some say a GOOD one, that we will be at war with China in the next 10-15 years.

If you want to do buisiness with your enemy and help him buy the weapons that will be pointing at you in a few years, go ahead.

See this topic also...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29510#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The berets we have are not made in China.  I'm looking at the tag right now, and it says the "Bernard Cap Co."
View Quote

Have they issued the new ones yet? The new ones are coming from the ChiComs, as far as I know. I heard they were going to cancel the order, but then I heard they already paid for them, so they're still getting them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
i do believe the china consession was cancelled, what wasnt distributed was sent back, and what was distributed was destroyed..

but this is just what i have heard..
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i do believe the china consession was cancelled, what wasnt distributed was sent back, and what was distributed was destroyed..

but this is just what i have heard..
View Quote

Does anyone have a source to confirm this? Hopefully it's true.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Read this and weap Shineski, you POS.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/05/01/army.berets/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The one I was just issued was NOT made in China.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The one I was just issued was NOT made in China.
View Quote

Yep. See above link. The order was cancelled! [beer]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep, brand new, haven't even started prepping it yet. Just for info,  our original issue was pushed back two months because the commander refused the Chinese berets. Partial issue was just last week to about a third of the unit, and is for dress wear only.  BDU caps are still everyday wear. (Army reserve)
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I STILL think that it is an insult to the Rangers....
Ahh well, SHADDAP, and follow orders to the best of our ability. I guess that we will find out @ drill.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Berets are going to look really gay if the soldier doesn't have a high and tight. Hell most of the people in the regular army couldn't wear there caps right. Now they gonna have this fuzzy, floppy thing on there head. What is the army gonna do with all there cunt caps?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#13]
No, the Chinese berets were canceled.  That's why everyone is not getting the berets today, the Army's birthday.  Now it's "you get them when you get them."    
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought Bancroft made the berets for the Army.
Maybe they just make the green beanie.

It sickens me to think that one of the reasons
for issuing the black beret was because it would
not show dirt as easily.

I wonder if they show the blood of all the
Rangers that have sacrificed their lives for
God and country?

Earned, not issued.

Sigman out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#15]
i think it's appropriate for a new  soldier who knows nothing and has earned nothing should be made to wear a cover that is
hot in the summer
cold in the winter
will not keep the sun out of his (or her) eyes or off their necks.

They should have to earn a proper head cover and discard this silly beanie.
It may be a badge of honor to some but it is the most useless piece of issue gear since the bayonet lug on a CAR.  

It seems fitting that new recruits in the “don’t ask don’t tell” army should be made to wear a cover that no straight civilian male would be caught dead wearing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I STILL think that it is an insult to the Rangers....
View Quote

Amen to that.
CS
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Shortly after the Navy crewmen were held hostage by the Chinese, the Assistant secretary of the Army issued a directive that no soldiers will be authorized to wear a beret made in China or made with Chinese content, I'll scan the directive tomorrow and post it( if someone shows me how to post pics here), or if you are really interested, I can fax it to you.

Ed

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Mostof the new black berets (on non-rangers, it makes me SICK to even think about it) are going to be madein Cabot, ARK.

ronnie
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
But those black berets will look totally sweet with the next Shinseki regulation - the
All Army Kilt.

[red]PRK
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#21]
When do I get my cool "Black Beret?"  I'm not in the army but I figure since National Guard female truck drivers will be issued this elite headgear I might as well get one too.

It'll be awesome.  I'll look like a cross between Monica Lewinski and Shaft.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#22]
What's next, wings for flying a typewriter, jump boots for moping floors, e.o.d. badge for passing beans?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Supposedly, the china ones are to be sold as surplus

Saw the guys wearing em-every one looked different shaped/fold
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top