Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 6:36:55 PM EDT
Hi everyone!
I am GrowingGrass!

I Love AR type rifles, and own 1 Bushmaster, 1 Oly, and 1 Cav Arms lower...

I also love the 10MM cartridge. It is my opinion that every handgun round out there is so inferior to the Glock-20 10MM that they may as well all be Lorcins.

I REALLY REALLY want an M1 Carbine. So bad, in fact, that I own 5 15 Rounders and 3 30 Rounders, but no Carbine to use them with [:D]
If anyone can offer any advice as to what M1 Carbine is the best, I would appreciate it.
I am thinking USGI, but most of them are getting on in years, so I may go IAI.

I purchased 2 1911's in the past week- 1 little Stainless Commander, and 1 Charles Daly that I intend to fix up with Chip McCormick internals.

Anyway, i'm done talking about me. Glad to be here, and hope y'all can help me as much as I can be of help.

Your new Friend

GrowingGrass
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, GG. Take your shoes off, grab a beer and have a seat! [beer]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, another ATF plant.
Just kidding! Welcome GG, and don't lean on caliber over shot placement. 9mm will take out anyone if it hits them in the brain, sooo...it works for me. The USP9F, BTW, is not a Lorcin, nor does it resemble it in workmanship, quality or reliability. I'd be quicker to hold Glock to Lorcin standards. Kaboom, and all that...

This is the definitive AR15 board, and we hopeyou enjoy your "stay". BTW, go USGI with that M1, not IAI. Heard some really funky QC examples on IAI.

Juggernaut[%(]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmmmmmm, why is my McLord-of-the-Flies alarm going off...???
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard!!

Hope you find that M1 carbine, I'm rather fond of mine, it's an early Universal & it's full of USGI parts.

So how did you come up with your handle?? Are you part Indian or a lawn man?? [IMG]http://www.duke.edu/~peh/s/otn/laughing/icon_smile_lachuh.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.duke.edu/~peh/s/otn/laughing/icon_smile_lachuh.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.duke.edu/~peh/s/otn/laughing/icon_smile_lachuh.gif[/IMG]

Just kidding!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome, by the way... Not many people walking around out there that will tell ya a 9mm felt any different going through the heart than a 10mm. my .02 cents. Welcome to the gang...
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]
an m1 carbine, I'd reconsider it. Please, for safety's sake, I was in the market for a defensive carbine and money was no object since the corporation has deep pockets, and I have just got it completed. Okay it starts of as a hi-point 9mm carbine, the fat guy in amber glasses at the gunshow who sold it to me says that its the same thing as an m1 carbine just 9mm and not .30, but not many people know that so it keeps the prices down (wink wink), well hi-point was a very good platform to start from but the "cant shoot through the door" 9mms aint gonna cut the mustard. I had it rechambered and rebarrelled in .450 rigby magnum, the 50 rd mags are as big as MILK CARTONS! hanging on the bottom is a modified pakistani grenade launcher that fires teflon coated ninja stars, it has a blinking beamshot strapped to the barrel and a two level rail system up top with the new leapers red-dot holosight forward and a soviet starlight scope rearward (the same guy at the gunshow said the starlight stuff is light years ahead of what the navy seals have) It has an enlarged buttstock big enough to hold inside a lee loader kit (special custom made for me with a full length case sizer for s/a fired rigbys)

I'm looking for a gold plated barrel shroud so give me a yell if anybody has one.

Oh and if your wondering what the lee loader is for, it's for tac-reloading. the special cases I'm using are electrically primed so they don't consume primers, the bullets are pyrex and will not deform or break so in a sticky situation they can be dug out of the bg and reloaded, charged by special micro-nitro pellets. Micro-nitro pellets are also stowed in the buttstock they are little aspirin-sized pellets of advanced millenium tactical powder equal to the 200gr charge I need to launch that kind of lead!...err glass. I'd trust my life or the son of the "mayor" as we call him to none less.

I got a cool case for it too, it breaks down from little panels that are actually ballistic tac-plates that attach to my body by means of super-strong VELCRO.

and oh yeah I have a shotgun full of silver to go along with my bullets made of glass.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmmmm, why is my McLord-of-the-Flies alarm going off...???
View Quote

Well, the McEquipment list is identical to you-know who's, right on down to the CAV lower and the 10mm penchant. Gonna have to McWatch 'im.

Juggernaut[%(]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
an m1 carbine, I'd reconsider it. Please, for safety's sake, I was in the market for a defensive carbine and money was no object since the corporation has deep pockets, and I have just got it completed. Okay it starts of as a hi-point 9mm carbine, the fat guy in amber glasses at the gunshow who sold it to me says that its the same thing as an m1 carbine just 9mm and not .30, but not many people know that so it keeps the prices down (wink wink), well hi-point was a very good platform to start from but the "cant shoot through the door" 9mms aint gonna cut the mustard. I had it rechambered and rebarrelled in .450 rigby magnum, the 50 rd mags are as big as MILK CARTONS! hanging on the bottom is a modified pakistani grenade launcher that fires teflon coated ninja stars, it has a blinking beamshot strapped to the barrel and a two level rail system up top with the new leapers red-dot holosight forward and a soviet starlight scope rearward (the same guy at the gunshow said the starlight stuff is light years ahead of what the navy seals have) It has an enlarged buttstock big enough to hold inside a lee loader kit (special custom made for me with a full length case sizer for s/a fired rigbys)

I'm looking for a gold plated barrel shroud so give me a yell if anybody has one.

Oh and if your wondering what the lee loader is for, it's for tac-reloading. the special cases I'm using are electrically primed so they don't consume primers, the bullets are pyrex and will not deform or break so in a sticky situation they can be dug out of the bg and reloaded, charged by special micro-nitro pellets. Micro-nitro pellets are also stowed in the buttstock they are little aspirin-sized pellets of advanced millenium tactical powder equal to the 200gr charge I need to launch that kind of lead!...err glass. I'd trust my life or the son of the "mayor" as we call him to none less.

I got a cool case for it too, it breaks down from little panels that are actually ballistic tac-plates that attach to my body by means of super-strong VELCRO.

and oh yeah I have a shotgun full of silver to go along with my bullets made of glass.
View Quote

Oh we're REEEEEALLY funny!

I'm keeping an eye on you...

Gecko45
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome aboard ChiefGrowingGrass.

It is truly great to have you as a "new friend" !

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Welcome, by the way... Not many people walking around out there that will tell ya a 9mm felt any different going through the heart than a 10mm.
View Quote

This is agreed- But, you are assuming that optimum circumstances that will afford you a head/heart/CNS shot-
For the most part, even at combat range, tunnel vision sets in, and the "Fight-Or-Flight" instinct left over from when we were cavemen coordinates all of our motor skills to out promary appendages- Thus fine motor skill is severely diminished.
In such a scenario, precision shooting is dificult at best, so a gun with a decent level of stopping power is a must.
Any gun can "kill"- But the whole purpose of a gunfight is to "STOP" the action of your adversary immediatley- So, your chosen habilitment must have the requisite power to physicaly disorient the adversary- Not just "kill"
The US Armed forces learned this lesson against the Moro's in the Phillipenes when they were armed with only small caliber revolvers.

The 9MM is a good backup gun IMO, and I carry a HS2000 with +P+ Ranger ammo on occasion when the weather is hot, and I can't wear concealment clothing...
BUT, if all things are right, there is no reason to shirk the wonders of modern technology, and forego the 10MM- So supierior to every other round out there, that I don't understand why it isn't the most popular round in the US.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I really love those larger caliber Glock guns.

I've only had 4 or 5 KB's with mine.  I'd trust my life to it anytime.

[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/gz-m22kb.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really love those larger caliber Glock guns.

I've only had 4 or 5 KB's with mine.  I'd trust my life to it anytime.

[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/gz-m22kb.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Funny...The only ones i've ever seen KB were .40's.....A Direct rip-off of the 10MM-
Could that be because .40 Loads generate near 10MM chamber pressure without that extra support from foreward brass the 10MM affords? Could it be that the unsupported chamber of a Glock can't take it??
Could it be that the only reason .40's were even invented is because FBI agents couldn't handle thier issue 10MM recoil, so S&W rushed a downloaded version into production, and shortened the brass without the nessacery tersing?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Funny. All the Glock KB Pics I see are of .40's....I guess it is gods punishment for messing with the 10MM perfection...

BTW- That is an aftermarket BBL in the pic. Not Glock.

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Welcome aboard ChiefGrowingGrass.

It is truly great to have you as a "new friend" !

View Quote

OOOps!!!
You slipped in a reference to ChiefCrappingCattle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe, maybe not, both have black barrels. Hmm an aftermarket barrel made by who??? maybe "bob" and his drill press..... Maybe someone was "hot-rodding" their .40 and that is the problem. Doesn't the interior of that barrel seem awfully clean.

For the TFB, (tin-foil beanie), types it's a UN/ATF/FBI plot to make everyone think guns are un-safe and stop owning, or shooting guns. Seconds after that thousands of UN troops everywhere.

Thanx-NO SALE
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome CuttingGrass !

It's McGreat to see you here.
Are you gonna be a moderator too ?

It seems that you have quite an impressive weapons collection !

(My personal arsenal is comprised of a  a .38 revolver and a 10/22)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top