Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2001 1:35:55 PM EDT
Want to buy a drafting type (out of bucket) semi industrial sprayer I am guessing in the $500 - $600 range.
What brand, model, etc.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
W. W. Grainger lists several.  What type material (Lacquer, stain, latex) are you spraying?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly latex - but want the ability to spray all
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We bought the professional Wagner model that draws straight out of a five gallon bucket for 200 bucks at [url]www.overstock.com[/url] that lists for over four hundred.  They sell refurbished stuff but all that means is that it is that much more likely that it will work.  Buy extra nozzles BTW.

Also, don't plan on painting if there is the slightest wind, unless you don't have neighbors. The neighbors speckled our house a couple weeks ago and the house is about forty feet away.  He did come clean it all up, but it about cost him all the time he would have saved from using a sprayer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on Ratters advice: we were painting a metal building a couple of years ago and some overspray got on some vehicles in a nearby parking lot.  Was a big mess, had to have some special "paint removing" company that the insurance company found come in and clean up the vehicles.  Be careful!

ques
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used the Campbell Hausfield that Home Depot sells and they are ok ... but just ok.  Too many plastic parts.

I have a buddy that purchased a couple of the middle of the road wagners ... notice I said a couple ... he might be on his third.

I personally own a Graco em390 .. not one of their newer models, but Graco stuff is built like a tank.  Lots of stainless, leather piston leaves - works like a charm.

You definitely get what you pay for... oth you can also rent these reasonably if you are only going to do a couple of jobs around the house or in the family.  I sprayed my whole house interior (2800 under air) in 2 days flat.  Do ALL the prep work in advance.

Ryan
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reply - however I don't need advise on painting just on painting equipment.  overstock doesn't have anything under the searches of airless, sprayer, or paint.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got done painting a friends house.I used a Sherman-Williams super nova 700 by Graco.Worked awesome but pricey at about 1,200.00. The company I worked for let me borrow it.If you ar buying one,do yourself a favor and buy the best one you can afford![:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, overstock's items change regularly.  How about this? [url]http://stores.yahoo.com/brandsplace/0278030t.html[/url]

Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top