Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 5:59:19 AM EDT
In the past week I put on my Cabelas Credit card
a pistol from a pawn shop, a reloading order from Dillon and some ammo and equipment from a local sporting goods shop.

When I got home last night there was a call on my answering machine from Cabelas Credit Card center needing me to call them ASAP due to "strange billing" on my CC. I called them and they said that a normal person doesn't buy that much stuff from "those type's of places" on their card in a week and need to verify that it was in fact I who did the charging!!

What buisness is it of theirs what I buy, just the mere type of a store can get you redflagged now. When you buy something with a CC it only shows the place you used it at, not the merchandise. Or so I thought, maybe this is a new way of tracking gun purchases and ammo hording. And from Cabelas no less!!

I'm getting an extra strength tinfoil beanie today.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top