Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2001 12:22:41 PM EDT
I'm watching it for the first time now, and it seems like an ok substitute for the NFL during the offseason...

What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it and I agree with you about it being offseason.  I will never stop loving my Chiefs.  I think it will be a minor league of football like the NFL Europe, Arena Football, and the CFL.  I don't like the interviews of the players just off the field.  And don't get me wrong I like cheerleaders, but not enough to want to watch them dance on a platform for 25 minutes!  Come on just show the football!
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
DBAR15;

The USFL tried the off-season angle and two years later, it was all over.  I hope the XFL paid close attention.  They cannot go head-to-head with the NFL and win.

M15A2;

Your precious Chiefs donated big bux to defeat MO CCW.  Now, you will never stop loving/hating your Chiefs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It was the owner not the team that donated that money.
The money was not what defeated the CCW, it was the populations of St. Louis County, the KC region and Boone county.  They won the popular vote.  Had the counties had an electorial college system it would have been a landslide.
At least theit not the Broncos! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched the Bolts and the Hitmen game today,  I thought it was pretty good!  It's not the perfection you see with the NFL.  They played their hearts out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
HOT CHEERLEADERS.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice cheerleaders, but I think it is still mostly sportnerds glorifying former gangbangers because they can throw a ball and run. Professional sports used to have respectable athletes that you would want your children to look up to. Now it's just a bunch of aholes awaiting trial. Go O.J. To those that don't deserve the above criticism, you are exempt from my contempt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
GREAT FOR EASING NFL WITHDRAWLS.  BRING ON THE CHEERLEADERS!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]
My dad bought season tickets to the California Suns of the original WFL.

He is still waiting for a refund.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#10]
[red][size=5]PUPPIES[/size=5][/red]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it: Faster pace is NICE..the NFL has gotten to d@mn slow, what with all their 'reviews and replays', etc.
I like catches with 1 foot in bounds, no PAT kicks, no fair catches, etc..and the CLs are nice for the most part. I like quick kicks, etc. The guys seem to be trying hard to win for bonuses, not just sit around while getting their multi-million dollar salaries like the NFL and the NBA.  Besides, I hate to watch the NBA for many reasons..bunch of jackoffs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the fast pace and most of the rules. The cheerleaders don't seem to be any different than the NFL except for the platform being raising up to the stands. Maybe the two and a half games I watched didn't show them but I have not seen 20 minutes total of cheerleaders!
I not really sure about all of these guys but I have not seen any player of the caliber of the "Greats"... Dick Butkas, Joe Greene,Howie Long,Randy White,Terry Bradshaw etc. Maybe there a one or two and they will emerge after some time.
They are still relatively new and if there is a great player that the NFL overlooked they will get a multi-million $ contract and be gone.
My $.02 Worth.[:)]
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#13]
The whole point of the XFL was to speed up football and give it more action.  It failed and all it ended up being is football with less talent and a little bit faster.  

For real action and a game where the players play hard all the time why not watch the NHL?  It's plenty violent too!
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#14]
HKER,

[size=6][blue]BLUES RULE[/blue][/size=6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#15]
More "bread and circuses" for the mouth-breathing, Bud Light swilling, mono-syllabic sheeple.

Screw sports.  [-!-]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I dont care for the WWF and there seems to be a parallel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top