Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2004 8:26:58 PM EDT
Hey there, I have been reading posts on ARFCOM for a few months now and couldn't stand it anymore!  I have been on the floor laughing my ass off at least 2 or 3 times a day - you people are brillianthail.gif

Couple questions:
What is a trhowAny other advice for a forum illiterate fool?
SamColt? I spent an hour coming up with it and now I'm thinknig it's retarded - opinions?

Glad to be here and will be paying up shortly
Thanks,
RW

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How to avoid being labeled a troll?

Don't critcize President Bush, police, or the armed forces of the US.  Don't say anything that would cause someone to think that you're an attention whore or a supporter of any Democratic candidate.

Oh yeah, and don't say you don't like pie.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been lurking for a while before I joined. These are a few things i've learne and should be good advice.

1. NEVER ask what gun Al Pacino used in the movie Heat.
2. NEVER ask which is better: 9mm or .45ACP
3. SgtAR15 is the man

btw
Troll-noun- one who posts inflammatory or irritating sh&t to annoying people.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
welocme.
i I think SamColt is a hell of alot better than John kerry.

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL, I remember being a noob with some of the same questions...

Arfcom will baste your ass and then papmer you when you need it,

Welcome aboard you will get more respect then this old salty dog just for
your 20 dollar pony up.
Dont fret, arfcom is NOT teh suck

ETA: Note,  Sgrtra51 is NOT the man!
He is the Sun Tzu of arfcom when one wants to know "the art of war" Here,  one would seek out  the Srg.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
sup deude welcome to FARCOM...

sorry im a little mipaired...
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome.  Where in NC do you live?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
DU still won't let me reregister yet, guess I'm a

DU is teh suck!
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Good deal!  Thanks for the advice and I can safely now say the troll thing shouldn't be a problem - that friggin election gave me ulcers!  4 more years, 4 more years
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
welcome aboard!!

i'm glad you're here because it improves my chances that somebody else will be the #1 thread killer here besides me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]
From the home town of that wind bag Edwards - Raleigh  I think I saw him driving around today handing out resumes
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
HEY WELCOME! My caps lock gets stuck when I'm using this key board so bear with me. STILL, WELCOME ABOARD!!! So you lurked for awhile , huh? Good idea, IMHO. Sam Colt is a good user name . It could be a lot worse. Like Coondog or something. What the hell is that anyway? So what kind of shooting irons are you interested in? Me, just about everything that goes bang and puts a hole in something.I lik eevrything form old black powder all the way up to the latest bullet hoses and everything in between. There is so much great info here and the people are great also. Well , most of them. Take care and fill us in on what experiences you've had , gun related. There is always room for someone who wants to learn or has some knowledge to contribute. Oh BTW, I'm known to be long winded on my posts. In case you haven't noticed.

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey coondog - thanks for the welcome!
Lets see - If it goes bang I like it!  Pre 94 it was hot and heavy colts - green and blue label lightweights, SP1s, compHbar etc.  The black rifle I guess has always been my favorite - just something about it I guess - y'all know what I mean - keep things pretty much stock.  then during the 10 years of hell - nothing against the post ban stuff but I was so disgusted at the what happened I didn't buy one AR.  Now I'm waiting for a 6721 to come in and 2 Beta magsOther firearms interests include HKs (very limited) they piss me off too, cowboy guns, .22s - any of them - they're cheap to shoot and great practice. And the irons I cherish the most are the Belgian Browning Hi Power, Colt Python, Winchester mod 52 .22 and Mak90 my Dad handed down to me.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Don't critcize President Bush, police, or the armed forces of the US.  Don't say anything that would cause someone to think that you're an attention whore or a supporter of any Democratic candidate.

+1

Oh and don't say that you are something you aren't... like Special forces, or silly stuff like that...

Don't try to fill someones thread with silly stupid stuff just to stir the pot, unless you really know them well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Lets see - If it goes bang I like it!  Pre 94 it was hot and heavy colts - green and blue label lightweights, SP1s, compHbar etc.  The black rifle I guess has always been my favorite - just something about it I guess - y'all know what I mean - keep things pretty much stock.  then during the 10 years of hell - nothing against the post ban stuff but I was so disgusted at the what happened I didn't buy one AR.  Now I'm waiting for a 6721 to come in and 2 Beta mags  
Other firearms interests include HKs (very limited) they piss me off too, cowboy guns, .22s - any of them - they're cheap to shoot and great practice. And the irons I cherish the most are the Belgian Browning Hi Power, Colt Python, Winchester mod 52 .22 and Mak90 my Dad handed down to me.....

You must post a pic of at least one! or you are a  (it cannot be a .22 or a .38)

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
People who can't tell the difference between Danish and Dutch are instantly labeled "trolls" - so look at an atlas, and never make that mistake!  

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Hi!    

Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
People who can't tell the difference between Danish and Dutch are instantly labeled "trolls" - so look at an atlas, and never make that mistake!  

Difference?
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets see - If it goes bang I like it!  Pre 94 it was hot and heavy colts - green and blue label lightweights, SP1s, compHbar etc.  The black rifle I guess has always been my favorite - just something about it I guess - y'all know what I mean - keep things pretty much stock.  then during the 10 years of hell - nothing against the post ban stuff but I was so disgusted at the what happened I didn't buy one AR.  Now I'm waiting for a 6721 to come in and 2 Beta magsher

You must post a pic of at least one! or you are a hr

post a pic?  Oh crap - something will get busted for sure - probably crash the whole site.   I think we are actually buying a digital camera tomorrow - hows that for being cutting edge....
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Newbie here: I have no idea how to "post a pic" either.  (The only "pic" I ever posted was with thanks to my friends 12 year old daughter.)

Problem: I have Digital camera, I have computer, I have photo printer, scanner, photo software. All on the high end of what is available. How do I get pic from camera to Arfcom post???

Slapping the side of my computer just isn't working.
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Also, don't disagree about anything with the resident assclown hall monitors (you will know them when you see them) as it will disturb their "preaching to the choir".
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Cheers SamColt....welcome aboard

now, fall in...........................

Link Posted: 11/6/2004 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Newbie here: I have no idea how to "post a pic" either.  (The only "pic" I ever posted was with thanks to my friends 12 year old daughter.)

Problem: I have Digital camera, I have computer, I have photo printer, scanner, photo software. All on the high end of what is available. How do I get pic from camera to Arfcom post???

first make sure you have the pic hosted on the net.

then click here since pic is to big.
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 6:46:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Danish:

Dutch:

What do I win?  
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

host it on the net... as in a site like photobucket.com
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Hoowdy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top