Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 7:54:30 PM EDT
I was jsut curious as to what model and loads you carry.I know there are'nt many of us who still pack the 10.Before I get flamed over the pistol I carry let me explain.I had this pistol before the Klinton agreement.
I carry a S&W 1076 loaded with 175 grn. Silvertips.What do you carry?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I occasionally carry that exact combination.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Among my Colt's , Glock's and other handguns one of my favorite ones is a S&W model 1006 10mm....absolutely love the power!!
russell
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That's it?No one else!I guess we are dinosaurs!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Delta elite with 185 Pro Loads.

Nothing compares.

Pinkerton
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Springfield@Custom@Shop Linkless 10mm.  My favorite and also most accurate pistol I own.  I`ve also had a couple of Delta`s, and have drooled on a 1076 a time or two.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I do like those 175 Silvertips, although not necessarily for defense.@They do pretty good in the hunting fieldsDWorked very well on a small meat caribou that tempted fate last fall,@and@also on a couple of mule deer down in Idaho when I was stationed at Mt. Home.  In reality, the 10 is too much for me to use as a primary defense gun, it just has too much potential as an outdoors/hunting gun.  I actually prefer the shorty 40 for densive purposes, but that`s just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I've always liked the 10mm.  I've never carried it though.  I owned a S&W 1006.  It was a good shooting gun, and I liked it better than their .45.  I didn't like the sights.  They worked fine, but they were those huge adjustable ones.  I would have been better off getting the standard fixed sights.  I thought about a getting a 1076 to carry, but all the ones I could find for sale were pretty worn out.  I mean loose.  

S&W made so many variations of every gun that it's hard to keep up with what they offered.  I'd like a 1006, fixed sights, with a shorter top half, but standard bottom half.  They may have actually made one, but I don't know what the number would be.  After really looking hard at the 1076, I liked the size, but didn't like the controls.  If I could get one of those with a normal safety (if you can consider S&W safeties "normal") then I'd buy one.  More than likely I'll hunt around the gunshows and pawnshops for a used FS 1006.  

I did enjoy the pistol, and I can't remember why I sold it.  I was getting into my 40SW phase at the time though, so I probably saw it as an unnecessary tie-up of capital.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep my G20 in my bedside dresser.  It has the guide rod lazer, which makes it an ideal home defence gun, plus 10mm is leagle for Whitetail here in MN so I carry it as a backup while hunting.
I also load 180 grn Gold Dots.  Plenty of power with the 10, about 1 1/2 times the .45acp.  Plus the Gold Dots open nicely and shouldn't penetrate through.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 20, Smith 610, Delta Elite.  I've always wanted a 1076 also...and the "baby" Glock...and I was really sad when Sig dropped developement of their 10 for the 40s&w bandwagon.  Yesterday I saw a new unfired Bren 10 at my favorite store, but luckily it wasn't for sale.  Same store has an MP5-10 also.  I drooled all the way home.  I've still got a case of Black Talons in 10 that I found at a gun show in Denver.  I carry those in the G20, and hunt with them in the 610.  Great hunting ammo, too bad they were evil.  The 610 with 200 gr. TMJ knocks the snot out of bowling pins!  I think a Ruger PC10 that takes G20 mags would be pretty cool also.  I really do love my 10mm.[>Q][>Q]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Proud owner of a S&W 1006, Colt Delta Gold Cup, T/C Contender (10" barrel), S&W 610, and now an Olympic Arms CAR-97/10mm.  10mms are few and far between, but I just love them!  I used to carry my 1006, but it was too big for me for concealed carry and the recoil was a bit too snappy for accurate double-taps (at least for me anyway).  My current carry gun is an HK USP Compact in .45 Auto.  (I wrote HK asking about the possibility of a USP in 10mm and they told me there just wasn't enough of a market for them.  DAMN!)  When walking the woods though, I usually pack my Delta Gold Cup with full-power Hornady 180gn XTPs.  I carry the same loads in my 610 when hunting.  Here in Oregon we don't need to get our tag stamped for handgun hunting anymore so, depending on the shot, I can use either my Ruger .30-06 or my Smith 610.  My next 10mm will be a Glock 29.  I'd love to have a Bren Ten (I'm an old Miami Vice fan!), but the chances of seeing one and having the $ at the same time are slim.  The ultimate, in my opinion, would be the HK MP5-10, but that just ain't gonna' happen.  Oh well, I can dream...
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt Delta Elite with 200 grn. Black Talons
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Ross,I believe the model you're talking about is the 1066.A few monthes ago KY imports had them,by time I saw the ad they were sold out.I don't think S&W made many of them.I'd love to have one too,even if I find one I won't buy it.I doubt that I will ever by another S&W product.That's a damn shame because I think they make the best handcuffs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
ted nugent carries a glock 10mm
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I shot a glock 20 a few times. It was nice.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
When hiking here in AZ I carry a Glock 20, used to carry a Desert Eagle but my right leg started to get too much larger than my left from the extra five pounds of weight! I figure 15 rounds of 10MM will stop anything on two or four legs that I run up against. Of course an acquaintance won't carry anything smaller than his FAL!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#16]
My big , dumb friend Bruce carries a S&W 1066 loaded with Federal 180gr jhps. I can't hold it against him as he was in the Navy, and I think those guys "probed" him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top