Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 10:04:03 AM EDT
Today I took my brand new SAR2 to the range. I had fired a few rounds and was sighting it in. Man is this thing fun to shoot.  Please keep in mind that I have never shot a SAR before.

Along comes another guy, he pulls from his truck an AR15. Now this thing is a RIGGED OUT AR. Colt 20" heavy barrel upper, scope, special grip, the works. The guy procedes to sit at the bench and pull out a sand bag.

He then aims at a 12" steel plate at 100 yards. Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss Miss, the guy empties his clip with 0 hits!

He then procedes to make excuses about his scope.

So I think hell I can do better then that. I grab a loaded bakelite, aim my iron sights while standing with no support and, Ping, Ping, Ping, Ping, Ping, Ping again and again. My barrel was smoking and still no misses!

He tweaks his gun and trys again, Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss, Ping. He still sucks.

I empty a few more clips into this plate with a miss or two.

Furstrated he then pulls out his 45 cal Glock to try to hit it, he empties the whole magazine, no hits.

I then pull out my Glock 19 9mm, you know the totally underpowered 9mm, I missed the first few then Ping! I then holstered it and packed up with a HUGE smile on my face.

It reminded my that all this talk about weapons, calibers and so on is useless if you can't shoot!

The best gun is the one you can shoot.

And don't worry, I still love ARs.

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Smarty pants.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I love AK's they are rugged and reliable.  I can hit a 1 gallon water jug with my 56S-1 at about 250 yards.  It can be done.  Everybody loves to bag on the AK, but it stands the test of time with the AR.  The AK is genious in it's simplicity.  Have fun with your SAR.

PS
I never inhaled.  You believe me don't you? [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a shooter outdid another shooter, not an SAR outshooting an AR15.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Umm..."made excuses about his scope?"  Do you have any idea of how many people I have seen come to the range with a loose mount or loose rings on their scope?  It ain't an excuse and it wasn't the gun, most likely it was indeed the scope. I had an SAR2 and it is an ok gun, but no way in hell or in your dreams is it more accurate than a heavy barrel AR.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If he wins, I'll buy the POS off him for what he's got in it.  I win, the G19 is mine, for nothing.  
View Quote

You lose, you get a pistol. You win, you get a free pistol. How drunk was this guy?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he wins, I'll buy the POS off him for what he's got in it.  I win, the G19 is mine, for nothing.  
View Quote

You lose, you get a pistol. You win, you get a free pistol. How drunk was this guy?
View Quote

He said it was a doctor, so I doubt it was alcohol. Probably prescription meds [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
BWAAAHAAHHAAAAA !!!!!
and then you woke up, But really, please tell me that someone at least gave his guide dog some water while you were shooting.....
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]
"It reminded my that all this talk about weapons, calibers and so on is useless if you can't shoot!"

Correct!

If I make multiple misses on a 12" X 12" target at 100 yards with a scoped (or otherwise) Hbar, I'd check the sight mounts and bring it back in to 25 yds to see where the heck it was shooting.

I was with a guy who missed a 100 yard target with more rounds then I remember.  I had to laugh at him for not resighting his weapon.  He just kept tweaking the scope without a real reference.  He would've had a whole lot more fun if he had.

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Was this guy wearing dark glasses and carrying a red tipped cane? Did he have a German Shepard wearing a halter with him too?
He is one of two things
1. Blind
2. ignorant as hell and blind.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I make multiple misses on a 12" X 12" target at 100 yards with a scoped (or otherwise) Hbar, I'd check the sight mounts and bring it back in to 25 yds to see where the heck it was shooting.
View Quote

Hell, that's the good thing about an A2 AR15.  If you mount a scope on a see-through mount, you just put the rifle on some sandbags on a 100 yard target, line up the scope where your ironsights are pointing, and fire a group then adjust.  Your first group will still be within 6" of the irons!

And I thought [b]I[/b] was a mediocre shooter...this guy takes the cake.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
He was probably killing a dozen micro-organisms in the dirt beside the target then used the Glock to finish off the survivors with head shots.  You just have to open your mind to all possibilities.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top