Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 8:32:41 PM EDT
i'm looking to replace my speed loader stock for a folding stock w/a pistol grip.i mainly shoot slugs and 00 buck and i would like to channel some of the recoil from the shoulder .any suggestions or ideas on suppliers?[x]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 3 different types of folding stocks, on 3 of my 5 Mossbergs.
One has the ATI side-folder, one has the Choate top-folder, and one has the Butler Creek side-folder.

I think I like the Butler Creek the best. I like the Choate top-folder, but it's a little heavy, for lack of a better word. It also puts my cheek pretty low, which is nice to get right behind the action, but I prefer a higher hold. The Butler Creek has a sturdy feel to it, without being too bulky.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
wondering how the top folder will work w/the ghost ring site?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
wondering how the top folder will work w/the ghost ring site?
View Quote

I'm not sure, since I don't have ghost rings on any of my shotguns yet. I don't have a way to see if the stock would clear.

Obviously if the stock is folded, you're not using the sights, but I'm guessing you're more concerned with the clearance.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Butler Creek folder on mine, too. It is strong. A word of caution: If you're shooting heavy slugs or HOT buckshot, the steel rail may bang your cheek. It hits mine just right with hot loads. This may just be me.
Good Luck,
CS

Quoted:
I've got 3 different types of folding stocks, on 3 of my 5 Mossbergs.
One has the ATI side-folder, one has the Choate top-folder, and one has the Butler Creek side-folder.

I think I like the Butler Creek the best. I like the Choate top-folder, but it's a little heavy, for lack of a better word. It also puts my cheek pretty low, which is nice to get right behind the action, but I prefer a higher hold. The Butler Creek has a sturdy feel to it, without being too bulky.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top