Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:56:32 PM EDT
Does anybody have a list of lies and idiotic statements from gun grabbers? In particular I'm looking for the "More thrusts per squeeze" comment.  I'd like to know who said it and in what context.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think the article itself is available on newsday.com (without paying a fee), but check this page...

www.awbansunset.com/archivednews5.html

Scroll down to 3/5/04, article entitled "New round in gun issue."  It's a brief summary, but it should give you an idea of the context.

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
We should tack a thread that collates such gems as the above.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
HKocher has it as a sig line!

yup, with 6000+ posts, that will set off google every time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
How about "point and spray".  
Reminds me of the "Pearl Necklace" song.
No! I will not post pictures!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the "more thrusts per squeze" might be the stupidest anti comment yet.  Every time I hear mention of it I laugh. What the hell was that writer thinking, just goes to show the anti's ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
bullet hose is a classic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget Schumer talking about "high-capacity stocks."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The AWB kept MACHINE GUNS out of the hands of criminals...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think the "more thrusts per squeze" might be the stupidest anti comment yet.  Every time I hear mention of it I laugh. What the hell was that writer thinking, just goes to show the anti's ignorance.

Hmmmm, either that or "the FN-FAL has become the weapon of choice for drive-by shootings"
They are almost 5 feet long, what are these miscreants shootin out of Chuck? A flat bed?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Don't forget Schumer talking about "high-capacity stocks."

Referring to the question of whether or not Colin Ferguson, the person who killed several people on a Long Island commuter train in the early 1990's, used a banned weapon:

"Yes. He used a stock. We ban also more than 10 bullet stocks, so you can't shoot a whole lot of bullets."

IMHO, this one is even better than the "more thrust per squeeze" comment.   He sounds like a 2nd grader.  What a fucking schmuck this guy is.

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh, and also let me point out Feinstein's nearly-as-funny line from a recent response letter, in which she laments the fact that "assault weapons" fire lots of bullets "without warning."  Without warning?

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Thrusts per squeeze:

Something to do with milking cows?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Oh, and also let me point out Feinstein's nearly-as-funny line from a recent response letter, in which she laments the fact that "assault weapons" fire lots of bullets "without warning."  Without warning?

--Mike

Only if you shoot it "from the hip"...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a totally ignorant statement I found in the archives from awbansunet.com:
The Bushmaster, a version of the military's standard AK-47 rifle, was the kind of gun [the DC "snipers"] had in mind: highly accurate, extremely deadly from almost a half-mile away.

But with a few modifications - a change of barrel size, a different bolt - the maker was able to legalize its product and keep selling it, despite the ban.

Where the hell did the writer get this? Just make it up?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]
The "thrust-squeeze" piece has been pushed back into the Newsweek archives.

I found a commented text here:  

smallestminority.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_smallestminority_archive.html

It's near the bottom of the page.

The orginal with the comments removed for those that haven't seen this steaming pile of dren.

New round in gun issue

Paul Vitello

Pick up the Yellow Pages and go to "Guns." Call the first gun store you find. Ask what you'll need to purchase a semi-automatic military-style sniper rifle like the one used by John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo to kill 10 people during their 2002 Washington, D.C.-area murder spree.

"You have a driver's license?" said the man at the Long Island store I called yesterday to ask about buying the assault rifle known as the Bushmaster XM-15.

"Sure," I said, "but what else do I need to bring?"

I was thinking paperwork - perhaps to verify my clean criminal record, my relative sanity, the lack of any documented connections between myself and al-Qaida.

"Nothing else," said the man. "Just money."

Whether you find this surprising or not depends on how closely you have followed the gun-control debate of the past 10 years. In the midst of a series of mass murders in workplaces, Congress in 1994 imposed a 10-year ban on the sale of military style weapons under production at that time.

The Bushmaster, a version of the military's standard AK-47 rifle, was the kind of gun they had in mind: highly accurate, extremely deadly from almost a half-mile away.

But with a few modifications - a change of barrel size, a different bolt - the maker was able to legalize its product and keep selling it, despite the ban.

Richard Dyke, chairman of Bushmaster Firearms, the maker of this gun, did so well in fact that he had money left over to contribute to political campaigns. He has long been a big Republican fund-raiser in Maine, his home state. And in the 2000 presidential campaign, he was appointed as George W. Bush's state finance director.

(Knowing this much helps to understand why, when Malvo and Muhammad were killing people from 500 yards during that summer and fall, then-White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said Bush saw the shootings not as a gun problem so much as a problem of "values.")

Now, the so-called assault weapons ban - weak and evadable as it is - is due to expire. This will make it possible for gunmakers to return their products to their full monty of killing power: more bullets per clip, more thrust per squeeze. The National Rifle Association has made the end of the ban one of its top priorities.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-Mineola), who is known among NRA-backers as that woman from Long Island who just won't shut up - just because her husband was killed and her son was wounded by a madman in 1993 with a legally purchased gun, she blames the NRA - has been working the hallways of Congress this week in an effort to bring to a vote a bill that would make the temporary ban permanent. Her bill would also tighten some of the restrictions on fire power. "The majority of people don't even know it's expiring," she said.

Her opponents include not only Bushmaster's maker and Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas), the majority leader of the House, but the formidable lobbying apparatus of the NRA, which flexed its muscle Tuesday when it pulled its support from a Senate bill that would have attached McCarthy's ban to another measure.

The other measure, shamelessly named the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, would have protected the gun industry from lawsuits filed by shooting victims or their families. Several such suits have been brought already by families of the 10 D.C.-area sniper victims.

The NRA was so opposed to McCarthy's weapons ban, it was willing to scuttle the Lawful Commerce bill for now, and wait for another shot.

"The president himself says there are terrorist cells at work in this country," she said. "Do we want these people to be able to walk into any gun store?"

Bush, during his 2000 presidential campaign, said he would support extending the assault weapons ban. But he hasn't lifted a finger to help bring it to a vote in the House or the Senate.

So, to review just this much: A weak ban on assault weapons is passed in 1994, despite which assault weapons sales flourish.

Bush says he will support the ban's extension, but doesn't seem to really mean it. Members of the Republican-controlled House and Senate keep the extension from coming up for a vote; in an election year, no one wants it on record that he or she voted for every American's right to shoot people's heads off from 500 yards.

As Marie Antoinette or someone similar once said, let them eat values.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The damn gun grabbers are just in a completely different world and could care less about  industry terms,  To those bastards, if it has a detachable magazine and has ever been displayed in a Hollywood bloodbath, it's a Machine Gun or Assault Rifle.  Numbnut bastards!

Edited for typographical errors.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Fienswine has had a few whoppers too.  I remember that she claimed tha folding/collapsible stocks allowed you to shoot faster (?), and her clumsy demonstration of how fast and easy you could reload an AK was also a classic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Buckmasters Sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The Bushmaster, a version of the military's standard AK-47 rifle, was the kind of gun they had in mind: highly accurate, extremely deadly from almost a half-mile away.

Where do they come up with this?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#21]

More thrusts per squeeze... and other gun-grabber nonsense

While you are at it, look up the terms "assault weapon" & "high capacity magazine."  Nobody ever heard of those terms until the antis invented them in the early 90's.  

I keep trying to tell everyone that we make the mistake of letting the antis invent the arguments as well as the terminology.  It's about time that we start inventing them, like the "unreasonable" and "illogical" import ban of 89.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:26:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, Anti's suck.  I remember reading that article for the first time...what an asswipe/hat that dude was then he wrote another article that was supposed to recant his original false statements and it had mistakes in it.  How do these people make a living writing when they don't research what they're writing about!!   Anyone remember Shumer in Waco Rules of Engagement when he first called the flashbang grenade a flashback, and then spooooodled his trademark "Anyone who knows anything about flashbang grenades knows that they're harmless".  He also said something to the effect of  "Anyone who knows anything about  assault weapons knows that they're not accurate enough for hunting, but really good for taking out whole football teams.  He is so damn arrogant for someone who doesn't know shit!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah, Anti's suck.  I remember reading that article for the first time...what an asswipe/hat that dude was then he wrote another article that was supposed to recant his original false statements and it had mistakes in it.  How do these people make a living writing when they don't research what they're writing about!!   Anyone remember Shumer in Waco Rules of Engagement when he first called the flashbang grenade a flashback, and then spooooodled his trademark "Anyone who knows anything about flashbang grenades knows that they're harmless".  He also said something to the effect of  "Anyone who knows anything about  assault weapons knows that they're not accurate enough for hunting, but really good for taking out whole football teams.  He is so damn arrogant for someone who doesn't know shit!

That part of ROE had me really pissed. Then again, most of ROE had me really pissed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#24]
"Coming to a home near you".

Well, it's been over a month now and I'm still waiting!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The "thrust-squeeze" piece has been pushed back into the Newsweek archives.

I found a commented text here:  

smallestminority.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_smallestminority_archive.html

It's near the bottom of the page.

Hey!  Thanks for the link!

The piece you referenced is directly addressable here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Haha, kindof funny if I'm not mistaken the AK in that picture is a "post-ban" type anyway. Shit I would like it if that AK came to my house mysteriously this afternoon, then I could stop saving up for the one I'm gonna buy in the next few months.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

www.jointogether.org/cobrand/SHV_billboard.jpg

I think the pic is reversed.  It looks like you can see the charging handle/bold carrier on the left side of the POST BAN AK.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That billboard has come down now. Something a lot softer is up, something about "Massachusetts is a great place to live because gun laws work"...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That billboard has come down now. Something a lot softer is up, something about "Massachusetts is a great place to live because gun laws work"...

This just makes me sick!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun laws work?  Thats news to me!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#31]
How about how the streets will be "flooded" with AK-47s. I want to do a AK build next, but I was going to wait and see if I could just walk outside on to "the streets" and pick one up. I am very disappointed that I haven't found one yet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Limbaugh was playing a Kerry quote earlier this week where he said he never went hunting with an "Ushi." (meant to say "Uzi" I guess).
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Who ever started the whole "Uzis and AK47s will flood the streets"?  Classic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top