Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 12:09:34 PM EDT
My wife is in the market for a Beretta Tomcat Titanium. I was checking the local pawn shops for one and while looking into a glass case there staring back at me was an HK p7m8. On the price tag was, get this $300.
Here in my neck of the woods its all ranchers and farmers. The majority of guns sold here are lever actions and pump shotguns.

I asked them what the deal with it was and they said "it's some pocket pistol a lady brought in on pawn" I asked what the bottom dollar was with a concealed permit since you can skip the background check. "$250 out the door" I almost passed out. I had a hard time not giggling while writing the check.

This shop has such high prices on their other stuff that I don't feel to bad.

BTW what's one worth with a date code of IE (1984) with the box, manual, factory target, cleaning brushes and both mags, with everything in pristine condition??[beer]

thanks

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
About $700-800 in that condition around here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BTW what's one worth with a date code of IE (1984) with the box, manual, factory target, cleaning brushes and both mags, with everything in pristine condition??[beer]

thanks

idaho-ar15
View Quote

Only about $175.  So I'm willing to pay you $250 plus shipping so you don't feel like you got had. Alright?

fat fingers
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
MTnpatriot, sure but I have a bridge that I need to sell, how about we make a deal for both??  [-!-!-]

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
[beer][:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
idaho, you must have been doing plenty of good deeds lately, consider yourself lucky and enjoy!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely count yourself lucky! Only one person I know has one of those. Others I've talked to say it's rare since it's sort of pricy compared to others in its class (but isn't that true of most H&Ks?). Enjoy it, hombre. [^]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Smokin' deal.
Congratulations
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#8]
VERY nice!

I pays to 'slum it' at the pawn shops occasionally.

FWIW, NIB P7M8s sell for about $1100.  
You could easily have paid $800-900, assuming it is not a refurb.

My story is similar, got a P7M10 in .40S&W for $650.  They only made the M10s for two years, so they sell for around $1400.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate you. Nothing personal, but I hate you. [img]http://members.aol.com/govtthug/images/govtthug.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
WOW!! That was one hell of a deal you got! Man and I thought I was lucky...
About a month ago I went by a gun shop I frequent which had recently relocated across the parking lot and they had a dump bin in the middle of the shop with various odds and ends in it. Well, I was digging around towards the bottom and I come across a clear plastic bag with 6 AR15/M16 Beta C Mag Feed Towers in it. I asked the guy what the deal was with them and he said that he had them a while and just wanted to get rid of them. I boldly said in jest "Well..I'll give you $5 bucks for them." He said" ok sounds fair to me." I almost had a cow. These are $20 each the cheapest I have found. I sold 4 of them already for $25 each! I almost feel bad but the guy at the shop is a real cheap bastard about everything so I think he was trying to make up for it ... either way I made out!

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top