Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 3:23:49 PM EDT
I figure I need to get as many pistols as I can before the new hand gun bill goes into effect here in the PRK. So...... both the above pistols just went on sale, and I don't have a .45 yet.

Sig 220 - $619 with 2 10rd mags

Para 14-45 - $799 Match barrel and trigger, adj rear sight, 1 10rd mag

I'm leaning towards the Sig because of reputation and I can utilize its full mag capacity. What the hell is the point of selling a gun that can only be fully loaded to capacity by law enforcement (the 14-45)?

Any personal experiences with either pistol?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot both and like the Sig.  It really depends on what you want.  An all around great .45 is the Sig.  Very easy to use and is accurate.  

fuatos
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never owned the Sig 220, but I LOVE my Para Ordnance P14-45!!  They come with a 10 round mag, but include a certificate to allow the owner to purchase two pre-ban 14 round mags for $49 each. Also, the mags are widely available on the internet and at gun shows, but they are pretty expensive, particularly for the factory mags. Like AR15's, aftermarket mags are to be avoided for Para's. Mine is more accurate than I can shoot and has been dead reliable over several thousand rounds fired. It's a lot of fun at bowling pin shoots!!

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/t6/JX/QU/4N68520.jpg[/img]

Edited to make the damn pic visible
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Both are fine guns. I have shot them both and the Sig fits my hand better since it is single stack. I would purchase the one that fits my hand the best and I think I could shoot the best. If you are no uncomfortable with the double action trigger on the Sig. You do not have to carry it cocked and locked and subsequently do not have to worry about thumbing off the safe when you draw, just a matter of practice.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Tough choice....both good quality....almost sorry i didn`t buy a p/a 16/40 when i had the chance.....only reason was someone "advised" me the 16/40`s had problems.....i think it was b/s....if i was leo, and had to choose it would be sig/glock/h-k...but not necessarily in that order....you bet i would shoot them all...if i had to have for service use.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top