Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 2:58:41 PM EDT
Now that Napster is pretty much hosed, where might one go to download and swap music? thx
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The best alternative that I have found is iMesh.  Its not as quick as Napster, but you get the added benefit of being able to share/download video files.

Go to www.cnet.com and search on 'imesh'.  Download the software and go...
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out WinMx from winmx.com if you are a windows user. it's the best I think, the software forms it's own network of other winmx users, not too many just yet, BUT even while your participating in that small non-centralized mx network it will allow you to connect to as many or just search from and download from all the other napster
and napster clone servers SIMULTANEOUSLY(Opennap there's thousands of them) I was searching for live shows of [b]String Cheese Incident[/b] the other night, they are not very well known at all (they kick major ass if your into Jam-Grass) I connected to around 10 opennap servers plus we had the mx network, I got over 700 hits. even napster at its biggest didn't have that much 'Cheese. And thats my Cheese-Barometer method of guaging how much stuff is out there. and it does any type of file, videos sounds appz anything, and you can browse another users entire listing, cool.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Aimster.com

Works just like Napster, I have had good luck with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
MusicCity.com

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.limewire.com[/url]My kids tell me it's far better than Napster.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:[url]www.limewire.com[/url]My kids tell me it's far better than Napster.
View Quote

limewire is pretty good. it's what I use now. Anything using Gnutella is good. look for that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Isn't there a 'crack' for napster?  It allows you to see the songs which are hidden.  I haven't tried it so no clue if it works.

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.emp3finder.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top