Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 10:03:57 PM EDT
"Modern Marvels" on the History Channel is running a special on the development of the M16 on Thursday evening.

They called it the best battle rifle ever invented.

Tune in.

Ray
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They called it the best battle rifle ever invented.
View Quote

I can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This is 10pm EST, right?
Just making sure I won't miss it.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is 10pm EST, right?
Just making sure I won't miss it.

Jewbroni~
View Quote

Correct  If you miss it it will be on later too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
"Check Local Listings"

It's part of the Viet Nam series they're doing. It's "Modern Marvels" and is going to look at the development of the M-16.

It's scheduled 10:00 PM Pacific Daylight. That usually means 9:00 PM Central . . .

But you should spring for a TV schedule and check for yourself.

Sounds like a new feature. The Hist. Channel has covered the M-16 on "Tales of the Gun," but "Modern Marvels" might have more new material.

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The replay is at 2:am

Good thing I got that darn ReplayTV gadget ! [:E]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Good.
Thank you for the heads up.
We'll be in town for the boys graduation. So, we'll have to tape it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is the synopisis from the historycnannel.com

The most powerful assault rifle ever used in combat, the M-16 became the symbol of our lost war--Vietnam--and can easily be called America's most unloved gun. Yet, 30 years after its introduction, it stands as a potent icon of U.S. military strength worldwide. We'll explain how it almost ended up on the scrap heap! TV G

10-11pm EST
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone else laugh at the part where the author of "Dirty Little Secrets of Vietnam" said "People who use the AK-47 are revolutionaries who can't afford the M16."

LMAO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top