Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 11:33:48 PM EDT
I went to the machine gun shoot at Knob Creek range today, and was impressed as normal. I bought one of the $40 Mosin-Nagant M44's, then paid the ultrasonic booth 3 booths down 25 bucks to clean all the cosmo off it. Then paid the AIM surplus booth $70 for 800 rounds of silver tip 7.62x54r. Good deal. (No pics yet ) I didnt notice anyone selling anything labeled pre-1994 AWB-ban pre-ban items. I saw very used USGI M16 mags for $5 in quantity. Nothin special about ammo prices, about what you'd pay off the internet minus shipping. The night shoot was very impressive as always. Theres just something about the mini-gun, tracers, explosives, drums of gas, and it being at night.

I was also very impressed with all the hotties there! At times I almost felt like I was walking around my college campus, there were attractive females EVERYWHERE. I'm sure most if not all came with someone, but still a nice change of pace.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully I'll plan ahead and make the next one.

Any flamethrowers?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They usually have a flamethrower for rent, I think you can even choose to have napalm or pressurized gas ran through it. I didnt notice if they had it this year or not, though, I got there kinda late.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a flamethrower one day.

Its just that childhoom dream of spraying fire on stuff we all had
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
They had flame throwers for rent. The ones I saw sprayed a flammable substance that kept on burning for several minutes after it hit an object. I heard it was $190 for about a minute and a half
burn. They were closely supervised as they sprayed.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to get there sometime
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
How big was the show there?  I keep wanting to go, but misaligning the event schedule with my wallet.

My neighbor goes every time.  He says it's usually very muddy there.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
me too

Quoted:

Any flamethrowers?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The show looked big to  me! Last time I was there was in 2001 and the range cover and the "pole barn" has been rebuilt and enlarged.
I've been there when it was wet and it was dry this year. The helo blew grass and dust on my car every time he flew over with those $65 per head observers to view the range. The helo carried 2 to 3 passengers per 8 to 9 minute flight.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
It's every bit as big as some of the dedicated gun shows, except almost EVERY booth has nothing but evil black rifles and parts. The ones that don't have evil black rifles of some sort usually have Class III NFA machine guns of some sort for sale, pretty much any kind you could want. You don't find nearly as many, if any,  tables of muzzle-loading and lever action rifles. I've been when it was both muddy and dry. It seemed drier this year. Everytime they'd open up at the main range, a huge cloud of dust would be knocked up and spread back onto the show . I heard several dealers complaining about having to dust everything off so much, and almost all of EVERYONE's merchandise was coated in a fairly thick layer of dust. Anyone that did go, any idea what was up with the ambulance towards the end of the day Saturday? Someone dehydrated, someone have a kaboom, what? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Reading your post, I just keep thinking back to George Carlin's Routine:

[Standing there thoughtfully rubbing his chin]

Gee, I'd sure like to set those people on fire...

Then he tells his friend...his friend who wuz good with tools...

a couple of days later...Hey what do you think? Whoosh

...Anyone ever seen that routine?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

umm...don't even get me started on the Richard Pryor routine...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It was pretty good this trip. The weather was perfect and I can't believe what a difference a few lights in the pole barn can make. Picked up some API for the AR50 for $1 a pop. Got a CETME for $299 just because I didn't have one and grabbed some Portugese 7.62 battlepacks to feed it with. Only six months until the next one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I've found ammo to be hit or miss at Knob.  Sometimes there are deals and sometimes there aren't.

I've missed the last few so I'll try to make the next one.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#14]
first time I've been there I  was able to shoot on the line Saturday night during the night shoot.

the only bad thing about the creek is they milked me out of $1200+   didn't see a single shotgun in the pole barn, which is a good thing.  nothing put machine guns, and parts for sale.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I was also very impressed with all the hotties there! At times I almost felt like

I was walking around my college campus, there were attractive females EVERYWHERE. .

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#17]

I think it was the best gunshow they've had there since I've been going. (I was there Friday)  I never even stopped to look at the lline.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
me too

Quoted:

Any flamethrowers?

The M44 he bought qualifies as a flamethrower.  

Trust me.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I have attended the last two fall shoots and it has been very dry both times.  The Flame throwers last year were about $65 to shoot.  This year they were $165 or something I think I read.  Maybe the rise in fuel prices?  The shoot was good as always.  But as a suggestion I think they should spread some calcium cloride on the roads and the range to keep the dust down if its dry.  I shoot the glock model 18 pretty cool.  Picked up a knife and a beta for $269, and a couple more glock mags.  There wasnt alot of rifles to buy though.  Last year they had quite a few DSA rifles and this year I didnt see them.  

But man with the political climate if the democrats get in the white house I can see things like this fun event coming to an end.  Oh Yea there were quite a few hotties there to.
I got some pics I will try to post later.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think it was the best gunshow they've had there since I've been going. (I was there Friday)  I never even stopped to look at the lline.

+1, I was there Firday too, and the show was huge.  I only saw one table with preban prices on mags.  Of course it was the H&K dealer in the back right corner, he had Glock full caps for $85-90, while everyone else was $20-$25.  NIW USGI mags were $15 a pop all over the place, and some had 2 for $25.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What does it cost to just get into the gunshow portion of the event?  How much is a spot on the firing line?

To get in its $10 I am not sure what you have to do to get on the main range line.  Maybe know somenone.  Or have some really cool automatic shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#23]
No beef jerky, cheap knives or beanie babies?

Quoted:
It's every bit as big as some of the dedicated gun shows, except almost EVERY booth has nothing but evil black rifles and parts. The ones that don't have evil black rifles of some sort usually have Class III NFA machine guns of some sort for sale, pretty much any kind you could want. You don't find nearly as many, if any,  tables of muzzle-loading and lever action rifles. I've been when it was both muddy and dry. It seemed drier this year. Everytime they'd open up at the main range, a huge cloud of dust would be knocked up and spread back onto the show . I heard several dealers complaining about having to dust everything off so much, and almost all of EVERYONE's merchandise was coated in a fairly thick layer of dust. Anyone that did go, any idea what was up with the ambulance towards the end of the day Saturday? Someone dehydrated, someone have a kaboom, what? Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#24]

J
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Here Is a pic of the show.

tinypic.com/c5k7a
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
........But as a suggestion I think they should spread some calcium cloride on the roads and the range to keep the dust down if its dry.  ...........

Why Calcium Cloride?  CaCl2 is corrosive and will start to rust your truck out.

My thoughts....
If you went and tought some of the toys there wernt maent for the public, you aould be a normal person, but if you went home looking for a minigun on ebay, youy are a arfcom type person.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I didn't see the DSA table either.
Somebody I talked to last year said his friend has documented the weather at both the fall and spring shows for about 10 years. The spring show has rain about 50% of the time but the fall show only gets it like 35%? of the time. The temps are cooler at the fall also and it felt perfect to me.  
I was suprised at the amount of Lake City ammo for sale in both 5.56 and .308.  I picked up 500 rds of SS 109 2003 manu for $85 in a can.  
The new WELL LIT pole barn is sweet
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I have some pics...in process
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I got a good deal on some FAL mags...$5/ea for 20.  They were in OK shape, but I enjoy refinishing them.  I wasn't impressed with the ammo prices, but maybe I'm not buying in enough bulk.  

I spent more time this year at the subgun range and lower range and enjoyed it alot.  Also bought some Varget from the ranghouse because my local guy was out and I needed some.

Took my 7 yr. old for the first time.  I wish you could have seen his face when they lit off for the night shoot...priceless.

Overall, I'd say nothing that I haven't seen before.  Mag prices were about what I expected for AR's.  

Found the sweetest MP5 I think I've ever seen.  I'm seriously contemplating my first form 4, but just can't figure out how to tell the wife?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top