Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2001 1:49:58 PM EDT
See a courtroom? I think the government will step in and overturn the state court decision IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I do think he will fry in HELL.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, he'll see the interior of a Courtroom, but I doubt that he's ever convicted of anything.

Not that he didn't do anything wrong, but I would imagine that the good people of Idaho
(or any other state) will not be in a mood to convict the LEO for his 'criminal negligence' in shooting Vicki Weaver. It would just send the 'wrong message.'

He better just be happy I ain't on the jury.

Eric The(IGottaMessage,Too)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Never!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
That loaded baby in her arms justified use of deadly force.  Hidden in his ghillie suit, he was in fear for his life....Yeah Right!

(edited for speilling)
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
EricTheHun wrote:
He better just be happy I ain't on the jury.
View Quote

My guess is that it will be a bench trial.  In Idaho, I don't think they could find a single jury member who hasn't heard -- repeatedly and at length -- about what Horiuchi "allegedly" did.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a381e578a5905.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/firearms/enforce/rubyridge/siege.html[/url]
Mr Horiuchi a japanese-american raised in Hawaii was a graduate of West Point
was Ranger qualified and was a Infantry Officer..........more
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
its funny...i have been to the same sniper school as horiuchi, (not at the same time) and i know the difference between an unarmed noncombatant and a hostile. horiuchi should be tried for premeditated MURDER and pay for the cowardly act he committed.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's some excerpts from Col. Bo Gritzs testimony of the Ruby Ridge Incident
[url]http://www.patriotnews.com/rubyrdge.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
More from Col. Bo Gritz
[url]http://www.myplanet.net/jeffhead/dadmisc/gritz.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1003517&a=7384367&p=49972026&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
My understanding of this case is that the Federal Court upheld the state's right to prosecute. I think the whole point of this development is that the Federal Court won't block state action.

Horiuchi claims he didn't see Weaver's wife, and that he was providing "cover fire" for a helicopter.

Ya know . . . If I can hit a golf ball at 200 yds with a Rem. 700 PSS, I'm betting that a trained Ranger Sniper can see a woman holding a child in her arms.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Am I seeing things or did he autograph that napkin?

Anyone remember that scene in The Jackel where Bruce Willis says "I need to test this .50, run. Run NOW." I'd like to say "Run NOW" to Lon if he did what it looks like did. What excuse can he use? I had an itch?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I am confused, I always read about "assassin" this and that but the more that I look into it, it appears that he was just aiming at Harris and Weavers wife got hit as the bullet first went through Harris, then the wall and then hit Vicki. The stories posted always say the Vicki got shot in the jaw and then at the bottom of the paragraph, oh by the way Harris also got hit. Who got hit first? If Harris got shot first, there is no case. The .223 question is strange to, if Weaver was hit with a 7.62 he probably would of lost his entire arm or the use of.

Maybe at the worst, he'll get convicted of reckless endangerment and be liable to a civil judgement of a few $million$.

What happened to the US marshall that shot Weavers son in the back?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Vicki Weaver was hit first, then Harris was hit by fragments of the 168gr BTHPM bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top