Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 1:45:52 PM EDT
Alright guys....what's a good price for a nice used P226 nowadays? I've got the chance to get one for $425 out the door. Is that a goog deal with i factory mag and one aftermarket mag. Thanks in advance.......Sheldon
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is if the orignal mag is a 15 rd preban. My 02.  Great gun, and if the original mag isn't, it is still a good buy. - AlamoGuy
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
About average price. Should be 95% plus hi cap factory mag.

I wouldn't sell mine for that though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid 425 6 months ago for mine with the original two normal capacity mags.

Sounds like a deal to me.

Rick
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
SHELDON: Check the frame out (rails) very carfully. I cracked two sig 226's and a shooting buddie of mine cracked his 226 within 1000 rounds. About 400 rounds of silvertips and the rest mild reloads. Sig did send me new guns but after that I sold them and bought glocks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Rail cracks were experienced in the older 226, I thought Sig fixed that problem long ago. I have a couple 226 with multiple thousand rounds down the barrel with out cracks (15 rounder model).

Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Nary a problem.
I pack one at work and home.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the replies.  I'm going to really look it over good.  I bought some reloading gear from this guy and as an afterthought figured I better give the inside of the barrel a good look as well.  That 1 aftermarket mag may be a reloading victim....hmmmm.  

I had bought a Beretta 92 FS for my wife about 10 years ago, but have always felt the triggers felt better on the Sigs.  I believe the Sigs were a little more expensive as well.  My main gripe I think is that I'm a lefty and the controls for the Sig are a bit awkward to operate.  I think I will get this one if there are no mechanical problems.  Cosmetically it looked like new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top