Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:46:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It is not hard to make a connection in a company with the right people. Hell I do it for a living.

I don't see a prob with some one trying this on there own. What do you have too loose SteyrAug?

Edit: Okay read your last point now I see why, I agree if this is true they need to come to the table with something first.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Unforunately alot of people have mistakenly assumed that "group buy" means getting things below dealer cost.  I know someone spoke of an ACOG group buy, and you see nitwits acting like it's going to mean ACOGs for $500.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#8]
You suck at hot linking dude
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Group buy on Pamprin for Mr. SteyrAUG...  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#10]
So who's banned from your buys ... the authors of the threads you linked?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the deal? I can understand why a dealer would be required to have things in order PRIOR to announcing a GB as it's related to their business and it's what they do. An individual OTOH should be free to organize any type of GB, purchase they choose. If it cuts into your profit/business I could understand. What I don't get is WTF a GB on  .50s would be affected by a GB on magpulls.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's the deal? I can understand why a dealer would be required to have things in order PRIOR to announcing a GB as it's related to their business and it's what they do. An individual OTOH should be free to organize any type of GB, purchase they choose. If it cuts into your profit/business I could understand. What I don't get is WTF a GB on  .50s would be affected by a GB on magpulls.

There is a site limit on the number
of concurrent GBs (read the GB FAQ).

ETA: Therefore, there should be a
vetting process before you can post
a GB.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So who's banned from your buys ... the authors of the threads you linked?

I would think I am banned, hell, I haven't been banned in nearly three weeks, it must be my turn again.

ETA: I would not intentionally piss off Auggie. I already own a .50. Ooops, now he is pissed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#14]
If it is a significant Group Buy (Barrett .50BMG, AR-10, etc.) where things need to be organized by a date certain, ask the moderator to tack the thread.  I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#15]
This is an important topic and the comments should remain germane to the subject at hand.

Group Buy rules & guidelines:

1.) To OFFICIALLY post/start a Group Buy you MUST first contact a member of the Staff or Sr. Staff and have it APPROVED. It would be best to contact the following for details: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- [email protected] -- [email protected]

2.) Group Buys must have dedicated timelines - A signup period will need to be established, after the signup cutoff date is reached a payment period will need to be established and an order date posted. When the payment period is posted an estimated time of arrival for the group buy will also need to be posted. We realize there can be certain unavoidable delays but the organizer of the Group Buy will need to make sure such instances are kept at a minimal.

3a.) Only ONE Group Buy is to be conducted at a time per Organizer/Dealer.

3b.) FOR NOW, we will have a limit of only FIVE or SIX group buys can be conducted per month. This will allow some time for group buy proposals to be better established by both the buyers and the dealer/organizer. If the next couple of months are smooth sailing we will consider increasing this number.

4a.) No arguing about another organizer's group buy or about a proposed group buy's price. It is up to the buyer to do the homework and determine if the deal is right or not.

4b.) Organizers/Dealers - Do not comment on another's G.B. pricing.

5.) Group Buy organizers - DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Make sure you have every detail correct. Make sure your dealer, manufacturer, etc. can provide the goods at the price negotiated and deliver in a reasonable timeline. And most importantly, make sure you can organize the funds appropriately AND keep them separate from all other business.

6.) Organizers - There will be no 'nonrefundable deposits' terms in your group buy offerings.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unforunately alot of people have mistakenly assumed that "group buy" means getting things below dealer cost.  I know someone spoke of an ACOG group buy, and you see nitwits acting like it's going to mean ACOGs for $500.

I'd like to get one for $375 or something like that. Maybe you can start a group buy and see if Trijicon is interested.

Whats the cheapest they hyave been sold for?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just a note, In NO WAY is any of this the fault of the moderators of the Group Buy Forum or any staff member. It is exclusisvely the fault of the idiots who CANNOT READ THE RULES and just decide to start a group buy because they can't afford magpulls at retail price.

Never mind I see the 'Rules' now..

Actually most of what you linked there are not group buys but mearly asking if there is interest. How is ths all that different from your post in the 50 forum asking about interests?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#19]
perhaps an exception to the five-six group buys per month should be made for firearms. nearly all of the group buys currently running are parts and accessories. and certainly, it would seem there is a valid reason for rushing the .50 buy through. why is this a problem with the mods? would you be benefitting at the expense of other dealers?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to get one for $375 or something like that. Maybe you can start a group buy and see if Trijicon is interested.

I'm in only if we can get them for $225, shipped to each person's house.  Oh, and they have to be olive drab 24084 per Fed-Std-595A.   And this is if I get a bonus check and the seller can finance for me.      
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#22]
SteyrAug,
So are you banning the thread starters or the group buy participants in these threads?

Just curious so that no one misunderstands what has happened!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a site limit on the number
of concurrent GBs (read the GB FAQ).

ETA: Therefore, there should be a
vetting process before you can post
a GB.

Was this deemed so in the ancient text? In this manner I think an exception could be made, and/or one of the "currnet" GB's could be temp. suspended to allow the folks from Kali to guy a .50. I do not see WTF would be so hard about that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in only if we can get them for $225, shipped to each person's house.  Oh, and they have to be olive drab 24084 per Fed-Std-595A.   And this is if I get a bonus check and the seller can finance for me.      

If you can get them for $225.00 I'll take 3 or 4!

They don't have to be OD as Black would match my rifle's better!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Do it on pre-ban and Full-auto, and simply link to it from here.

I tried a LOOOOONG time ago to do a Benchmade ARFCOM custom, but MOD/STAFF coul'dnt get off their ass long enough except to simply say, "no, not right now".

Just a note, In NO WAY is any of this the fault of the moderators of the Group Buy Forum or any staff member. It is exclusisvely the fault of the idiots who CANNOT READ THE RULES and just decide to start a group buy because they can't afford magpulls at retail price.

This is BS. The mods are responsible for the forum.

Yet another swirl in the bowl.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I tried a LOOOOONG time ago to do a Benchmade ARFCOM custom, but MOD/STAFF coul'dnt get off their ass long enough except to simply say, "no, not right now".

FA is no more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FA is no more.

Huh? Just went there, seems to be working just fine....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#28]
SA-

Why isn't this being addressed directly to the staff?  If it has, what is their response?

I would think their concern for the members would have them hustling all over this time critical problem if they thought it was important.

Let's hope this doesn't go the way of the GlockTalk group buy attempt...

Thanks for trying to help out the CA members...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is BS. The mods are responsible for the forum.

No they DID get back to me.

The problem is UNTIL they get the forum under control NOBODY is getting group buy approval.

Of course that is not stopping guys from simply starting them anyway.

I do NOT blame mods/staff, I blame thje guys who can't read/follow the rules and who created the problem.

Huh? That's like blaiming the population for the crime problem (while we'd all like to, it does no good). The "police" in this instance are failing miserably.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm in
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys obviously don't care about the dollars and have NO taste !!  I can go for the olive drab but only if it is #24084B and I think we should have the scopes shipped to our homes at no charge and have 30 days to decide whether or not to buy and the obvious 'Group Buy' price should be $199.

Seems fair to me.....................in fact, I MIGHT buy two !!

5sub

No, don't buy two.  I've seen confusion over this before.  Most GBs are 50% deposits.  So the guy buying two ends up causing confusion since they see the check as a 100% payment for one item instead of two 50% deposits.

Remember, us arfcom members are slow, so no confusing stuff when it comes to numbers.

Oh BTW,  I checked the mil-spec manuals and #24084(B) doesn't exist.  You must have meant #24048B, and if we get that we'll need to add the 4 D-cell batteries for it into the group buy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well....I know a guy (he's even staff here) who bought like 10 US Optics and ACOG scopes for like $250 each, or so the story goes. The manufacturers didnt want to take them back from the SHOT show.

I feel you pain Steyr. Its bullshit that people are trying to organize group buys without an understanding of how it works. Hell, you don't even save too much money on them. On a Barret, you can, but how much are you going to save on a MagPul stock? That cost a LOT of money to design and make a mold, there is a reason the thing is expensive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Plain & simple, it's all a matter of time, there are only three of us over there in the EE that handle such issues but we also have real jobs to contend with and we TRY to have a shred of a personal life before diving into things here.

The Group Buy forum is just not as simple as you all think it is.  We feel we have a responsibility to try and make sure everything goes smoothly.  We don't want another CCA event to occur because if it does we will personally get eat up with seeing & dealing with all the frustrations.

We opened that forum for you guys but I told you there would be rules & limits so we could keep things organized.  The rules were posted from day one but very few have bothered to pay attention.  Even dealers who have had previous g.b. throw up what they want without any contact with us just so they can skim names and run it before we even have time to discuss it with them.  THEN if we go to remove it or lock it we get bitched at by those who want in or whoever started it.

It's just not as simple as it looks, we've tried to be fair to those who have consulted us first and even they get held pushed back because we're working on what's been posted.  I'm sorry we don't have a master moderator for the group buy forum but for certain reasons that's the way it is.

Kevin
AR15.com Staff

That's all well and good, but we are facing an upcoming ban. In this case, SteyrAug's should go to the top of the heap. He has done several (or more) group buys, and hasn't had a blowup. He seems to be a standup guy, and gets the big names to negotiate. Approve it and tack it.
tony
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#48]
What was the approximate price going to be? (probably out of my range)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Well I 'found' the Barrett 50 cal thread.  Hope this can still happen.  StyerAUG is certainly a stand-up guy/dealer, I bought a CAV-15 from him as part of a group buy here a year ago or so.  The deal was flawless.  In fact Styer's CAV-15 group buy went so good I fell for the AR-10 / CCA deal, that is another story, but the AR15 folks saw it through to the bitter end.

While you guys are joking about the ACOG proposed GB, let me ask, did it ever happen?  I followed that one allong for a while but lost interest, thread read like a long story with no end.

And the Magpul stock thing, well that hasn't happend yet either, just pull the plug on those guys and lets get this Barrett 50 this going.   If we allow the California guys to die on the vine here in their last desperate moments it will cause a lot of discontent.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top