Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 7:00:00 AM EDT
We're not being hacked are we? I noted a confession from another web page that we were indeed being hacked and the list of e-mail addresses in the profiles was a target. If it's not too much trouble, please let me know when and if we find out exactly who is behind this so I can hunt them down and execute them!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Hacking is not a crime, just as owning a gun is not. If they are stealing e-mail addies, you should know better than to use an addy w/ your real name attached to it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, hacking with malicious intent [b]is[/b] a crime...  "Cyber Terrorism" is taken very seriously by the feds!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This is true...but a true hacker will not intentionally destroy or steal. Their Primary intent is knowledge. A cyber terrorist is just that...a terrorist.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hacking is not a crime, just as owning a gun is not. If they are stealing e-mail addies, you should know better than to use an addy w/ your real name attached to it.
View Quote

So long as I didn't get caught, it wouldn't be a crime for me to personally break their legs either, would it??
But I digress, if anyone uses my e-mail address against me and I find out who it is, they better never come outside again!
I REALLY wish AK47.net hadn't died - it was such a big rock for all of them to crawl out from under.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
So that's the cause of it!
An old friend of mine recently received an Email from me, that I didn't send.
It contained bits of work related correspondence and gibberish.

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I was having withdrawls again this morning and last night.[BD]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Gus,
 Allow me to digress. I'm not saying that snybody who is doing that doesn't deserve to have their legs and other appendages broken. But, hacking a website is not a crime. To put it frankly, what we know as "hacking" has very little to do with what the term really referred to originally. The term "hack writer" came about in the 1920's, referring to a writer who would sit down at his typewriter and "hack" out a novel, not getting up from his chair untill finished. It was later applied to computer dorks who would hack at a program for hours on end untill they figured out how to make the program they were writing work (this was before the days of published programming guides/languages).
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I know what a hacker is, but I'm still pissed!!!!  I hope McUZI can reign in all the trolls his site attracted. Reading that one guy's post about him and his buddies hacking AR15.com made my blood boil. It's a good thing there is distance between us!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#10]
My appology, I misunderstood your point of view and point of aggression.
[:)]    [:)]    [:)]     [:)]      [:)]    [:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I disagree with your definition Goat Boy, but that's not the point. You are very correct about the ridiculous punishments that are being slapped out. Remind you of any gun laws/punishments?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actually, hacking with malicious intent [b]is[/b] a crime...  "Cyber Terrorism" is taken very seriously by the feds!
View Quote

Actually...  It is NOT taken seriously by federal authorities.  It should be, but it isn't due to lack of manpower and resources.

Unfortunately, very rarely, if ever, are the culprits caught and/or punished.

If you want to read a great primer on DOS attacks, see the following:

[url]media.grc.com:8080/files/grcdos.pdf[/url]

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We're not being hacked are we? I noted a confession from another web page that we were indeed being hacked and the list of e-mail addresses in the profiles was a target. If it's not too much trouble, please let me know when and if we find out exactly who is behind this so I can hunt them down and execute them!
View Quote

The offender was banned and the posts were deleted.

People may have differing opinions about content, but there is NO EXCUSE to post any type of threats, etc...

Bottom Line:  Regardless of disagreements, We ARE ALL GUN OWNERS and should stick together !

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hope McUZI can reign in all the trolls his site attracted. Reading that one guy's post about him and his buddies hacking AR15.com made my blood boil. It's a good thing there is distance between us!!
View Quote

Believe it or not, that is about the ONLY stuff that gets censored at [url]www.McUzi.com[/url].

It is childish and petty behavior. I assure you that it will NOT be tolerated.

I really wish they would focus their energies and hatred toward the "ANTI GUNNERS"  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope McUZI can reign in all the trolls his site attracted. Reading that one guy's post about him and his buddies hacking AR15.com made my blood boil. It's a good thing there is distance between us!!
View Quote

Believe it or not, that is about the ONLY stuff that gets censored at [url]www.McUzi.com[/url].

It is childish and petty behavior. I assure you that it will NOT be tolerated.

I really wish they would focus their energies and hatred toward the "ANTI GUNNERS"  [}:D]
View Quote

Thanks dude - I noticed it was gone when I went back looking. People like that don't seem to realize that there are a few net-savvy LEO's and investigators on the board. Had it continued
(or if it does) I would think we could ID the punk. From there it's just a matter of who's closest geographically.....

I really did just want to twist his head off though....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top