a bill into non existance will be
greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope that doesn't turn into a riot [:d]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job, garden weasel.

I was just talking with one of my CT buddies last nite.

The Leftists are gonna pull this same crap (probably in a MORE devious way) next year.

What you guys gotta do is form a coalition of just 12 or so people to keep constant pressure on and vigil of your gun laws.

12 is all you really need. But you NEED to do it NOW. NOW is when the battle will be won or lost. When the legislation comes around again next year may be TOO LATE.

Kinda wish i was still up there to help you. I do enjoy that "animating contest of freedom."

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
what is this with the pics, i can't see the pics.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
All photos were taken by Frank Butash
of the Connecticut Conservative Congress.

Here are a few good educational photos
at a page I just made.

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/_wsn/page2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
boy thats a big mob,  i think it needs a few hundred more mobsters.

hehehehhehhehehehe was this on the steps of the capitol building? they should have been armed, with the very firearms they want to outlaw.

doh these damn big fingers....
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They should have been armed, with rifles and the Constitution.  Keep the heat on, and keep recruiting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that at the Capitol Building in Hartford?  It's a beautiful building on the inside.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that hurts us more than it helps us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think that hurts us more than it helps us.
View Quote

no flame intended but, how do you propose that we show our disapproval without being visible????
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
See any antis there?
There were NONE.
Guess who gets the FULL attention
of ALL legislators, interns :), lobbyists,
reporters, students, tourists, etc...?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]
no flame;  I think it hurts us because,we weren't visible enough,all "they" see is a couple of crazies instead of a large number of people who oppose it.I think it gives them the impression that those are the only people who care about it,and everyone else is all for it,all I'm saying is it should have been better organized.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
no flame;  I think it hurts us because,we weren't visible enough,all "they" see is a couple of crazies instead of a large number of people who oppose it.I think it gives them the impression that those are the only people who care about it,and everyone else is all for it,all I'm saying is it should have been better organized.
View Quote

you sir just made a very important point, thanks you..  and i agree...
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
"I appreciate you all coming to Hartford to show your support."
- Rep. San Angelo (R.)
who amended the hell out of
the Senate approved bill
the following day.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I disagree with the assertion that it hurts the cause for the following reasons. First, the fact these guys would take time off work shows their dedication. Unlike MMM, whose demonstrations are largly made up of housewives, professional welfare recipients, and college students, who for the most part have some free time and/or flexible schedules, the people you see demonstrating here probably had to take off work to protest. This shows their commitment to the cause and makes much more of an impact than misinformed college kids with green hair who pay no income taxes.

Secondly, the politicians are most afraid of middle class working people because these people are the voters, they are paying a hell of a lot of taxes, and it just about takes a revolution to get these people to raise their voices in protest. Look around. How often do you see working guys take time off work to protest? Maybe union guys, but certainly not non-union workers.

Perhaps they should have organized it better and maybe they will next time. But I'm damn proud of these guys either way.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
The big picture. (hack job)

All photos were taken by Frank Butash
of the Connecticut Conservative Congress
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/rally/hart.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
There were hundreds of folks present to oppose the bill being discussed
at the public hearing. The scumbag senators who proposed it, along with the AG ignored us despite
their not being able to provide one bit of evidence to support their claim that more weapons needed to be banned.
They then took a bill (1402), stripped it of its original contents, replaced the contents with the assault weapons ban(1405 killed in the public safety comittee), and introduced it as the original bill titled "An act concerning a single state handgun permit." This was passed in the Senate without discussion due to it being voted on in a roll call and of course being labeled as a bill that pro gun groups have been supporting for three years.
That process alone warrants a demonstration.
Both sides of the issue should have been appalled

mattja is right.
Most folks are working.
The legislators know that.
BUT they also know that anyone who does show
up probably represents a whole lot of people.
That's why it is always good to join lots of
social clubs and list them in your signature when you write letters to your legislators.
Nothing too high society for me:
NW Rod and Gun
American Legion
VFW

whoa...
....and the NRA too
who of course had a lobbyist in Hartford that day.

BIG BIG thanks to critter_FR for his post here
and for showing me the ropes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I'll be damned if I had layed the tile in that place I could of retired by now.

I guess they did make a difference,but they probably wouldn't have passed shit on stick if everyone who supported the 2 AMM. in CT was there.

No flamage intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top