Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 10:14:12 AM EDT
Gore won NM and its 5 votes in 2000: Bush currently leads by around 3 points

Gore won WI and its 10 votes in 2000:  Bush currently leads by around 10 points

Gore won ME and its 4 votes in 2000 by over 5 points: Bush curently leads by around 1 point

Gore won MD and its 10 votes in 2000 by over 16 points!:  Bush and kerry are polling at a tie

Gore won IW and its 7 votes in 2000:  Bush currently leads by around 2 points

Gore won OR and its 7 votes in 2000: Bush and kerry are currently polling neck and neck

Gore won NJ and its 15 votes in 2000 by over 15 points:  Bush and kerry are polling neck and neck

Gore won PA and its 21 votes in 2000 by over 4 points:  Bush and kerry are polling neck and neck

that's 79 Gore votes (out of 270 needed to win) that are up for grabs!

if President Bush can take half of those and hold his 2000 states, which it looks like he will, it will be a landslide
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't get cocky!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
45 States and Maybe California

Taxman (Since SgtAr15 isnt on to say it)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't get cocky!

Right. Everyone needs to vote, then celebrate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Didnt I say "landslide" 6 months ago?

Yes...yes I did...

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Even with Bush looking good we need to work hard for the President and on local issues.......

In Washington State I am working on:

Dino Rossi (R) for Govenor, we have had a democrat in office in Washington for so long, this is a hard battle but he is only a few points down.

Dave Reichart (R) for US Congress 8th district--He is battling local radio host Dave Ross(D) for Jennifer Dunn(R)'s vacant seat, we need to retain this one.

George Nethercutt(R) is fighting incumbent GUN GRABBER Patty Murray (D) for a US Senator's seat, we need this one locally and nationally.

These are a few of our local battles....keep up the fight, the sunsetting of the AWB is proof that WE here can make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#7]
this one jersey guy that will be at the polls ... early!!!!!
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I will be celebrating by hanging out at the DU all night watching them plot mass suicide, but even then I won't let them use my evil bullethoses.

How about a fire mission/ group buy:  Koolaid for DU!  What they put in it, we'll leave up to them.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
California is right now a statistical dead heat. Kerry over Bush by 3%, with +/- 4% error.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be celebrating by hanging out at the DU all night watching them plot mass suicide, but even then I won't let them use my evil bullethoses.

No need. They can drink just a little more Kool-Aid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#11]
That ass hat is going to have a rally right near me today or in a few days.  I walked past the field it was in.  His troll squad was out in full force handing out tickets to the rally.  I should have asked for 4 and then tossed them in the trash.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#12]
If the DU needs help I'l let them stand in my garage while the doors are closed and the truck is runinng.  Well I would if they help clean it out first.

Seriously, just once I would like to see al the people with the bold "if Bush gets elected" talk live up to theit threats.  Rosie? Alex? I thought you all were moving...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
It baffled me to see each state vote for Kerry in the Democrat Party primaries. The guy is such a lightweight.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If the DU needs help I'l let them stand in my garage while the doors are closed and the truck is runinng.  Well I would if they help clean it out first.

Seriously, just once I would like to see al the people with the bold "if Bush gets elected" talk live up to theit threats.  Rosie? Alex? I thought you all were moving...

That would be fantastic! It would sure get rid of an awful lot of Hollyweird "flotscum and jetscum" from this country. If the libs would leave, or at least a big share, this country could possible have a chance of getting back on track. Better get back to reality big guy...slaps self... I'm ok now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
this one jersey guy that will be at the polls ... early!!!!!
be well
maxwell

In true NJ form I not only expect you there early....but often as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#16]
[DU] A month before the 2000 elections, Bush led in Ohio by 13.5 points Now he's ahead by just 5. It will go Kerry. [/DU]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get cocky!

Right. Everyone needs to vote, then celebrate.

+1

I don't usualy do this but I need some posts today
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Gore won NM and its 5 votes in 2000: Bush currently leads by around 3 points

Gore won WI and its 10 votes in 2000:  Bush currently leads by around 10 points

Gore won ME and its 4 votes in 2000 by over 5 points: Bush curently leads by around 1 point

Gore won MD and its 10 votes in 2000 by over 16 points!:  Bush and kerry are polling at a tie

Gore won IW and its 7 votes in 2000:  Bush currently leads by around 2 points

Gore won OR and its 7 votes in 2000: Bush and kerry are currently polling neck and neck

Gore won NJ and its 15 votes in 2000 by over 15 points:  Bush and kerry are polling neck and neck

Gore won PA and its 21 votes in 2000 by over 4 points:  Bush and kerry are polling neck and neck

that's 79 Gore votes (out of 270 needed to win) that are up for grabs!

if President Bush can take half of those and hold his 2000 states, which it looks like he will, it will be a landslide

Or he could just take CA.

CW
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#19]
maybe with arnold he could take CA?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Didnt I say "landslide" 6 months ago?

Yes...yes I did...

Sgat1r5

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
We need a Han Solo "Don't get cocky kid" animation added to the board code.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
California is right now a statistical dead heat. Kerry over Bush by 3%, with +/- 4% error.

If Bush takes Kali........."turn out the lights"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#23]
What state is IW?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I saw a poll last week that put Ferry ahead by 11 points in Kalistan .  I do hope Ferry gets smoked here - that's a lot of electoral votes...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to watch Rather report the election results, THEN they can 86 his lame ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

"Kool Aid anyone?"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll volunteer to send the DUers some razorbladeskool-aid
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Even with Bush looking good we need to work hard for the President and on local issues.......

agreed 100%
i just signed up to be a final 72 hour Bush volunteer, and the college republicans here on campus is putting almost all our effort in picking up a democratic held Senate seat here by getting Jim DeMint elected
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Let's all hope the DU'ers try to have a revolution
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I will be celebrating by hanging out at the DU all night watching them plot mass suicide

i've got 2 accounts there waiting for election night
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#32]
At this point, Illinois is not out of reach for GWB.  I have signed up 12 voters in the last week.  Never give up...no mercy.  Fight like it means something!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
At this point, Illinois is not out of reach for GWB.  I have signed up 12 voters in the last week.  Never give up...no mercy.  Fight like it means something!

God bless you.  It's critical that we don't make the same mistakes we made when conservative's felt there was no way Bush 41 could lose to 'Slick Willy'.

I've purchased a number of yard signs and bumper stickers from www.GeorgeWBush.com and am passing them to my friends, family and co-workers.

We lived through 8 years of Clinton (higher taxes, gun ban, Al Quada, etc)  Let's not take this one for granted.

Illegitimi non carborundum  (Don't let the bastards grind you down)
39 days and counting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#34]
OK Guyz!  I AGREE, it's looking VERY good for the President.

That said, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!  Take NOTHING for granted...for LOTS of reasons, not the least of which happens to be the lengths the crazy desperate Democrats will go to to win.  Y'all know what I mean...especially you folks up in Ohio, Chicago, St. Louis and down in West Palm Beach.

Don't think for ONE second that the Democrats' lawyer teams aren't already saddled up, hot briefs in hand ready to do battle.

GET TO THEM POLLS ON ELECTION DAY!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will be celebrating by hanging out at the DU all night watching them plot mass suicide

i've got 2 accounts there waiting for election night

Damn!  You ARE evil!  

I'LL BE WATCHING YOU![Gunny Hartman off...]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#37]
"They can't cheat if it isn't close"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Awww...come on.  It's the charitable thing to do.  Why not put them out of our misery?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#39]
The Ketchup Kid is fucked

Nothing can save him.  He's just like Senator Dole in 1996.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The Ketchup Kid is fucked

Nothing can save him.  He's just like Senator Dole in 1996.

Bush futures hitting $.74! Outstanding. At this point in '96 Clinton was at about $.85, and he killed Dole in an Electoral landslide. Signs are looking good.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Great kid, don't get cocky!

www.fallenjedi.com/sounds/han006.wav

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'll volunteer to send the DUers some razorbladeskool-aid

Dear DUhers:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Kerry futures are so cheap I feel like buying some.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#44]
No suicide. Just more rage and hatred. On DU they're already saying the election will be crooked if Bush wins. That ought to keep them going for a few more years.

Regards,

Mild Bill
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

GunLvr

Might not be a bad idea.  The MSM is going to spin the outcome of the debate on Thursday in favor of Kerry, might shake out the weak hands on the bush side, or be an excuse for profit-taking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Might not be a bad idea.  The MSM is going to spin the outcome of the debate on Thursday in favor of Kerry, might shake out the weak hands on the bush side, or be an excuse for profit-taking.

They did that in 2000, but us unwashed masses saw through their MSM propaganda.  Now even the MSM admit Bush won those debates.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

They did that in 2000, but us unwashed masses saw through their MSM propaganda.  Now even the MSM admit Bush won those debates.

GunLvr

On my free presidential trading account, I sold Bush and bought Kerry on this hypothesis.

Surge Protector
As you watch the debate on Thursday night, remember: No matter what happens, on Friday morning, you're going to hear that the race is tightening.

by Mike Murphy
09/28/2004 11:45:00 AM

A SURE BET in this campaign is that the media will write a big October comeback story for John Kerry. It is evitable for three reasons. First, the media works in a pack that is happiest when following a simple narrative. Second, from moribund to miracle campaigner is Kerry's tiresome myth turned worn-out cliché. Third, this is indeed a tight race and--as with any incumbent seeking reelection--the undecided vote will break heavily against Bush, which will make Kerry look like he is surging late. (Even hapless Michael Dukakis had such a late surge.)

The signs of this pending storyline are already apparent in the coverage of Kerry's new team of savvy advisors. Their decision to bet the entire Kerry campaign on a debate over the Iraq war--a strategic suicide note in my view--is the required "big move" such stories demand and is being applauded as a masterstroke. This is where narrative and reality truly differ. If President Bush wins this campaign, the decision to focus the entire Kerry campaign on a debate over the war, instead of on domestic issues, will be a key ingredient to the president's success. Kerry's mistake is that it is impossible to have a serious campaign-winning political victory over the administration without a serious policy difference between the two. Howard Dean had a policy difference with the Bush administration on Iraq; Kerry essentially does not.

All his squirming and wiggling aside, Kerry essentially supported the war. Quibbling over details and promising to deliver a world where large French
and German forces cheerfully deploy to Iraq and take daily causalities in the place of American troops is campaign silly talk, best reserved for audiences of party regulars with already made up minds and the trained seal's ability to happily applaud even the most shameless and imbecilic arguments. It won't wash in a serious debate on a foreign war, which is the campaign battlefield Kerry has foolishly chosen. Kerry's cynicism masked as honesty will undo him. Worse yet, Kerry's decision to rhetorically slide into the cheap seats at the United Nations last week and--along with the various aid thieves, despot mouthpieces and Kofi worshippers of the Blame America chorus--raspberry the United States will return to haunt him. Kerry doesn't just want to re-live Vietnam in his biography; he seems to want to re-experience the 1972 Nixon-McGovern race.

The media's Kerry comeback will unfold in earnest after this Thursday's debate. What actually happens in the debate, barring a highly entertaining Tourette's style meltdown by one of the candidates, really doesn't matter. This is the first campaign debate in George W. Bush's career where he has entered with performance expectations, a troubling burden. While I expect the president will actually do well, that expectations game and the comeback narrative will combine, through the media's funhouse mirror, to put Kerry back in the race. Even though it may ultimately be simply an optical illusion.

www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/694ipstv.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top